Essay topics: 23.09.2017
Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree?
Many aver that only leisure activities that are educational in their nature are useful for progeny and thus spare time should be devoted to them. I do not agree with the prospect and below the reasons on which my stance is based will be discussed in details.
On the one hand, spending kids’ leisure time on educational activities brings a lot of fruits. Firstly, there are formative years from two to twelve when children’s brains and personalities are being shaped and studying, unearthing knowledge has advantageous impact on the development. Thus, the more they study via different activities the better. Secondly, the volume of information that must be absorbed by young individuals is immense and exploiting free time for learning the data as much as possible would allow them to achieve better academic at school and even college. In other words, implementation of the policy will have a great beneficial effect on kids school performance and overall development.
On the other hand, performing such leisure activities as chatting with pals, playing video games, watching popular movies and cartoons are important for children as well. Primarily, early age is very momentous period in life of any human bring during which not only brain structures are being developed but crucial social skills are being formed and mores of society are accepted. All of that should be acquired through interacting with other kids, adults and the environment. Additionally, a child is not an automaton that may endlessly perform an activity. In fact, offspring need have enough rest from studying and psychologists decisively demonstrated that entertainment such as playing computer or board games allow children to switch their attention on new activity and restore their ability to absorb new data. Thus, leisure activities that are not educational are useful as well.
To sum up, a point of view that descendants’ spare-time activities have to educate children and non-educational practices are useless appears to be incorrect due to benefits got by youngsters via performing the former ones.
- 01/10/2017 You recently bought a piece of equipment for your kitchen but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken.Write a letter to the shop manager. In your letter.Describe the problem with the equipmentExplain what happened when you (79.3333)
- 01/10/2017 Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets in some countries, many small, local business are unable to compete. Some people think that the closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities.To what extent (66.5)
- 29.09.2017 you ordered a new cheque book from your bank two weeks ago but you have received nothing. Write a letter to the manager complaining about the bad service.-Say when and how you ordered the cheque book-ask how much longer you will have to wait-a (88.5)
- 29.09.2017 You have recently visited a tourist attraction and were very pleased by the help given to you by the staff. Write a letter to the staff manager and say– Give details of your visit.– Describe how the staff helped you.– What do you want the (79.5)
- 29.09.2017 Happiness is considered very important in lifeWhy is it difficult to define?What factors are important in achieving happiness? (82)
- 28.09.2017New neighbours have recently moved into the house/flat next door to where you live. You have examinations soon, but your neighbours play music late at night which is affecting your studies and sleep.Write a letter to your neighbours. In your let (82)
- 28.09.2017 It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be.Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought closer together.Include any relevant examples from your experience. (74.5)
- 26.09.2017 Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends.They have just sent you some photos of your holiday.Write a letter to your friends. In your letter.Thank them for the photos and for the holidayExplain why you didn’t wr (74.5)
- 26.09.2017 In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility.What are you opinions on this? (82)
- 25/09/2017You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.Write a letter to your new employer, in your letterExplain your situationDescribe your problemsTell him when you think you can start. (84.5)