Essay topics: 23.09.2017
Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree?
Many aver that only leisure activities that are educational in their nature are useful for progeny and thus spare time should be devoted to them. I do not agree with the prospect and below the reasons on which my stance is based will be discussed in details.
On the one hand, spending kids’ leisure time on educational activities brings a lot of fruits. Firstly, there are formative years from two to twelve when children’s brains and personalities are being shaped and studying, unearthing knowledge has advantageous impact on the development. Thus, the more they study via different activities the better. Secondly, the volume of information that must be absorbed by young individuals is immense and exploiting free time for learning the data as much as possible would allow them to achieve better academic at school and even college. In other words, implementation of the policy will have a great beneficial effect on kids school performance and overall development.
On the other hand, performing such leisure activities as chatting with pals, playing video games, watching popular movies and cartoons are important for children as well. Primarily, early age is very momentous period in life of any human bring during which not only brain structures are being developed but crucial social skills are being formed and mores of society are accepted. All of that should be acquired through interacting with other kids, adults and the environment. Additionally, a child is not an automaton that may endlessly perform an activity. In fact, offspring need have enough rest from studying and psychologists decisively demonstrated that entertainment such as playing computer or board games allow children to switch their attention on new activity and restore their ability to absorb new data. Thus, leisure activities that are not educational are useful as well.
To sum up, a point of view that descendants’ spare-time activities have to educate children and non-educational practices are useless appears to be incorrect due to benefits got by youngsters via performing the former ones.
- 25/09/2017 Improvements in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas.To what extent do you agree (77)
- 23092017 When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (77)
- 23.09.2017Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.Do you agree or disagree? (69.5)
- 22.09.2017 Some people feel that entertainers (e.g film stars, pop musicians or sports stars) are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other types of job should be highly paid? (82)
- 22/09/2017Write a letter to a friend to ask for his/her help to collect money for a charity organization. The letter needs to cover the following details.- why do you want to collect money for the charity organization?- Ask your friend to help- explain in (82.5)
- 22.09.2017 Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be the major influence? (74.5)
- 21.09.2017 You have travelled by plane last week and your suitcase was lost. You have still heard nothing from the airline company. Write to the airline and explain what happened.Describe your suitcase and tell them what was in it.Find out what they are g (77)
- 21.09.2017 In some countries the average weight and fitness are decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? (74.5)
- 20.09.2017 Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make?Has this become a positive or negative development? (69.5)
- work with mistakes 18/09/2017You have a full-time job and are also doing a part-time evening course.You now find that you cannot continue the course.Write a letter to the course tutor. In your letter.Describe the situationExplain why you cannot continue a (72.3333)