Essay topics: Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Perhaps the greatest threat to the world is not the atomic bombs, the regional conflicts, terrorism, an outbreak of population or political instability but the climate change and environmental degradation. If we do not address this greatest danger properly, we will be responsible for our own extinction and I do not believe that we should let it happen by doing nothing about it.
To begin with, the rising temperature, Arctic ice melt, deforestation, uncontrolled industrialization, air pollution and depletion of the ozone layer are all connected and would lead to a single event- the destruction of the world. We have already harmed the environment to a great extent and the time has come for all nations to work together to reduce the environmental damage. The sudden flood in the USA, intense storm in Asian countries, unpredictable droughts in African countries are all resulting from the climate change and this change is occurring rapidly than ever before. If we let this continue, the future would be even more perilous. According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, consequences of climate changes include increased intensity of storms including tropical cyclones, increased risks of drought and, a wetter Asian monsoon, and, possibly, more intense mid-latitude storms. According to a 2001 report, global warming would cause sea levels to rise up to 4 feet by 2100 and many countries including some South Asian countries would suffer greatly from that.
The last thing the human should do to turn a blind eye to this imminent problem and learn to live with it, of course, if we do not want the termination of the human race. There is a lot to do and we should start implementing regional cooperation right now. Every individual should contribute by emitting less fumes and planting as many trees as possible while the use of fossil fuel should be globally prohibited. Industrial countries have more responsibilities as they contribute more to the environmental degradation and an international panel should be formed with giving it a supreme power to make any legislation to kerb the environmental damages.
To conclude, for our own existence in the mother Earth, we should take immediate actions both in individual and international level to check the climate change. Otherwise, we will fail to save our planet.
- You recently took a part-time job working for a local company. After a few weeks, you realised there were some problems with the job.Write a letter to the manager of the company. In your letter: explain why you took the job describe the problems that yo (78)
- You are organising an executive event for the company you work for. Write a letter to the person in charge of a venue that you are considering for the event and ask for detailed information regarding dates, services and costs. (89)
- You travelled by plane last week and your suitcase was lost. You have still heard nothing from the airline company. (87)
- You borrowed some books from your school or college library. Unfortunately, you have to go away to visit a sick relative and cannot return the books in time (84)
- You have just moved into a new house and you have decided to have a party. You are worried that the noise from your party will annoy your new neighbour.Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter:•Introduce yourself•Explain that you plan to have (73)
- our neighbours have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house flat.Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letterexplain the reasons for the noiseapologisedescribe what action you will take (73)
- You took your family to a nearby restaurant. You were disappointed with the meal and wish to complain to the manager. (89)
- You would like to participate in a work-related seminar in another country. Write a letter to the person in charge of the seminar and ask for detailed information regarding the dates, program, accommodation and cost. (89)
- You would like to participate in a work-related seminar in another country. Write a letter to the person in charge of the seminar and ask for detailed information regarding the dates, program, accommodation and cost. (84)
- There are social, medical and technical problems associated with the use of mobile phones. What forms do they take? Do you agree that the problems outweigh the benefits of mobile phones? (73)