Essay topics: Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that schools should teach students to understand about right, wrong and good behaviour instead of this being only parents’ responsibility. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
As the society has developed, different people have different opinions about how children should be taught and this is a highly debated issue that weather parents should teach children how to become the good member of the society or teacher. However, in my opinion this phenomenon needs a discussion in the light of several factors before any conclusion can be drawn.
It is generally believed that parents should guide the children how to deal with the society. This is mainly because children will obey the words of parents rather than the teachers. In many books, we can see that parents are the first teachers. Parents should teach basic qualities like respect, obedience, honesty. Parents should teach those qualities at an early age so that their children can imbibe these qualities into them. For instance, my uncle’s daughter is just studying 5th class, but she respects the elderly people. Since their parents taught her the qualities which she must inculcate in her.
The education starts at home and the things learned from early childhood become part of someone's personality and characteristics. Hence, the things kids learn from their parents have a lasting impression on people. So parents should be careful about teaching their kids the moral values and responsibilities to the society. Children by nature mimic their family members and thus parents can teach their kids how to be good members of the society by performing their duties correctly. Most children obey their parents more than anyone else and the instructions the parents give thus have better chances to be obeyed by children. Not all parents can spend sufficient time with children because of their ever-increasing business outside of homes and for those students teachers play an important role. Some students listen to the teachers they like and follow their instructions like written laws. Thus teachers can contribute towards teaching the morality and responsibilities to the children.
On the other hand, there are certain groups of people who vehemently contend that school is the right place to learn how to be good members of the society. One of the reasons why this view is held is that nowadays children are not having sufficient time to spend with their parents because both of the parents might be employed or they may keep their child in a hostel. In school children will learn the education. The school must also include these qualities as a part of course structure so that the child may follow them.
Thus, it is evident from all discussion that, both the arguments carry equal strength and significance and neither can be refuted outright. I personally subscribe to the proposition that, school is the right place to learn how to be good members of the society.
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)Many jobs at around the house are done manually, but could have been done by machines instead. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this? Give your opinion and include relevant examples (91)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)Some people say that not all criminals should be sent to prison. Instead they should do unpaid work to help people in the community. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and relevant examples. (61)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)In some countries people tend to buy used things over new things. What do you think the reasons are? Is it a positive or negative trend? (89)
- Writing Task 1 (a letter)Write a letter to your neighbor to say goodbye, as you decided to leave the area and move to a new home. In your letter say– Explain why you are moving.– What will you miss the most?– Invite him/her to your new home. (61.5)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)You need to attend a family event. Your child will be missing school for a day. Write a letter to the school principal and say– What is the event?– Why is it important for your child to be there?– How will your child make up (61)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)You live in a rental accommodation. Due to a recent bad weather event there was a small amount of damage to your apartment. Write a letter to your landlord and say– What was damaged and why?– How is this damage causing you a p (78)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)You’re moving out of your rental apartment. Write a letter to your neighbour to say goodbye. In your letter say– When and where do you move?– Why do you move out?– How do you feel about it? (73)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)Write a letter to an airline manager to find out about something you forgot on the plane during your travel. In your letter– give details about your flight– describe the item you forgot– explain why it is important that you (78)
- Writing task 2 (an essay)Many people make friends through social sites and chat rooms. Others believe that it is not a good idea to make friends without meeting them face to face. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and rel (86.5)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)Many people believe sport lessons are important in school timetable. Both boys and girls should take part in sports. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give your opinion and include relevant examples from your own experi (81.5)