Fragomen Expands Capabilities in Toronto

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 10/02/2014 - 17:34

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Fragomen Worldwide, the world’s leading firm exclusively devoted to counseling corporate clients on global immigration, is strengthening its capabilities and resources in Toronto with the addition of Audrea J. Golding to its team here. Golding, a firm partner formerly based in Los Angeles, is well regarded for her experience and in-depth understanding of a wide variety of employment-based temporary and permanent visa categories and immigration compliance matters.

“We are seeing growing demand in Canada from clients in fields ranging from engineering and information technology to financial services, consumer goods, manufacturing and the resources sector,” said David Crawford, partner in the firm’s Toronto office. He added that “Audrea Golding’s experience with the complexities of U.S. and Canadian immigration law, and her ability to advise clients on often challenging border issues, will greatly benefit our corporate and individual clients.”

For Golding, the move to Toronto represents a homecoming of sorts. She previously lived in Canada for 13 years and received her undergraduate degree from McGill University in Montreal and her law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. She is a member of the Ontario Bar as well as the State Bar of California. While in the U.S., she has been a member of Canadians Abroad and the Canadian Association of Black Lawyers. Golding will be advising clients on both U.S. and Canadian immigration matters.

“I’m excited to be returning to Canada, contributing to the growth of the practice and addressing our clients’ increasing need for assistance with cross-border issues and U.S. consular services,” she said. “I’m also looking forward to becoming actively engaged in the local community again.”

While working in Los Angeles, Golding became highly involved in a variety of professional and community organizations. She is past chair of the State Bar of California’s Council on Access and Fairness, the Multicultural Bar Alliance of Southern California and the National Bar Association’s Immigration Law Section. She also was formerly president of both the Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles and the Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles Foundation.

About Fragomen Worldwide

Fragomen Worldwide legal entities (collectively known as “Fragomen Worldwide”) is recognized as the world’s leading global corporate immigration services provider. The firm employs more than 500 attorneys, solicitors or similar immigration professionals, and over 1,500 additional immigration professionals and staff located in more than 40 offices in 21 countries. For more than 60 years, Fragomen has represented a broad range of companies, organizations and emerging businesses, working in partnership with clients to facilitate the hiring and transfer of employees worldwide. For detailed information about Fragomen’s practice, please visit www.fragomen.com.

Article references
finance.yahoo.com