Intense Reaction as Immigration Bill Filed

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 04/17/2013 - 11:01

The formal introduction of a bipartisan Senate immigration bill is sparking intense debate on Capitol Hill and beyond, as lawmakers and groups on all sides digest the 844-page legislation to enact sweeping changes to the nation's immigration laws.

The "Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013" was filed around 2 a.m. Wednesday by Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York. In an unusual move, lawmakers kept the Senate open late. They had promised to deliver the legislation Tuesday and wanted to give other lawmakers as much time as possible to review it before a Friday hearing.

Some Republicans criticized the bill as amnesty, while some groups on the left said it was unnecessarily punitive.

President Barack Obama says the bill is a compromise that doesn't give anyone everything they want — including him. But he urges the Senate to move it forward.

Who's the mystery man on the roof?

BOSTON (AP) — The father of a man who was photographed being pushed away from the Boston Marathon bombing in a wheelchair says his son has had both legs amputated.

April 17 (Infostrada Sports) - Results from the Monte Carlo Masters Men's Singles Round 2 matches on Wednesday 13-Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland) beat Albert Montanes (Spain) 6-1 6-1 Fabio Fognini (Italy) beat Albert Ramos (Spain) 6-3 7-5 Florian Mayer (Germany) beat Roberto Bautista (Spain) 5-7 6-4 6-4 3-Rafa Nadal (Spain) beat Marinko Matosevic (Australia) 6-1 6-2 9-Marin Cilic (Croatia) beat Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 6-2 6-3 Jarkko Nieminen (Finland) beat 12-Milos Raonic (Canada) 6-3 1-6 7-6(3) 4-Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) beat Marcel Granollers (Spain) 7-5 6-4

Two explosions occurred Monday in Massachusetts near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Two people have been killed and nearly two dozen have been reported injured.

By Jethro Nededog LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Andy Cohen has definitely made the best of his programming executive level job at Bravo Media. Aside from becoming the face of the network and hosting its popular late night show, "Watch What Happens Live," he was instrumental in developing and producing the network's flagship "Real Housewives" franchise. The same franchise, by the way, that he famously put a fork in when he announced in 2011 that the network wouldn't be extending the series. ...

"Who funded the violence?"

"I feel sick...I think I could pass out."

​What are they searching for?​

Article references
news.yahoo.com