Do you agree or disagree with the following statement The food we eat today is much healthier than in the past

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The food we eat today is much healthier than in the past.

The reason why people regard food we eat today as something much healthier is beyond me. From my perspective, nowadays the living condition of grain and vegetable has been seriously polluted. Besides, due to the fast pace of living, junk food has been popular and available everywhere. As a result, I strongly disagree with the statement that food we eat today is much healthier than the past.

First of all, nowadays environmental pollution has been a nightmare that haunts all of us. Thanks to the industrial revolution and the deforestation, the air we breathe and the water we drink can't be one hundred percent clean, not to mention the food we eat. According to a research, 70 percent of the grains we consume today come from the polluted soil, which is mainly made up of heavy metals such as zinc and iron. Once such heavy metals are absorbed by the roots of the plants, they will spread over the plants. Then if we eat such polluted grains, these heavy metals would float in our blood and gradually stick to our cells. Finally, they will attack our immune systems so that we are more easily to get sick. However, since the soil and water in the past are much purer, the food at that time is much cleaner as well. At least, unlike food today, food in the past would not affect our physical health.

Secondly, with the huge demand of food, more and more genetically modified food appears. As you see, the population all over the world has been increased by 40 percent in the last few decades. To solve the problem of food shortage, some scientists today invented genetically modified food whose growth circle is much shorter. Therefore, the majority of bread, beef, port and even cabbage we consume are genetically modified. However, with time passing by, those people who eat only genetically modified food come to get a variety of diseases. Some people never fail to get headache when they get up and others always get stomachache after having lunch. After studying these strange phenomena, scientists realized that genetically modified foods actually do more harm than good. Thus, in my opinion, food today is much more dangerous to us because you never know what will happen after you eat them.

In addition, due the fast pace of living today, people have no time to sit down and enjoy healthy formal meal. In order to save time, most of us would walk along the street while eating the sandwich at the same time. As a result, such junk food has got more and more popular because of its portable attribution. However, it is well known that those junk foods not only lack nutrition but also is cooked by unhealthy oil. Therefore, these fast foods potentially damage to our health. Compared to the food today, food in the past seems to be treated much more carefully.

To draw a conclusion, taking what I have mentioned above, I am strongly convinced that food we eat today is not as healthy as that in the past.

due the fast pace of living today
due to the fast pace of living today

"Sentence Length SD is low" means that the essay contains lots of sentences with the similar length.