Home >> Independent Toefl Writing Essays

Do You Agree Or Disagree With The Following Statement? Television, Newspapers, Magazines, And Other Media Pay Too Much Attention To The Personal Lives Of Famous People Such As Public Figures And Celebrities. Use Specific Reasons And Details To Explain You

Essay topics: Do You Agree Or Disagree With The Following Statement? Television, Newspapers, Magazines, And Other Media Pay Too Much Attention To The Personal Lives Of Famous People Such As Public Figures And Celebrities. Use Specific Reasons And Details To Explain Your Opinion.

Wafaa's picture

All types of media have a great influence on public lives. If we want that or not, we can't escape the effect of the media on our lives. Some people agree that the media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people. Others disagree. In my view, I believe that the media is concentrating on the public figures' and celebrities' lives too much for two reasons.

The main reason is that that what the consumer demands. Most of the audience and the news reader want to know everything about their preferred famous one. For example, I like Opera Winfrey a lot. So, I love to see and read anything connecting to her. I usually pay more attention to the magazine if there is any news about her. As a result, she has inspired me with all her actions, and I make her my model role that I want to follow. When I know more about her personal life, that will encourage me to do things in the good way as she does. From my personal experience I could say that all media types show what the public demands for.

Second, when these media get more information about famous lives, they increase their income. For the newspapers and magazines they will increase their sales and with television, this will increase their audience. For instance, I read an article in the newspaper last week about one of our famous singers in Iraq. The article was talking about his marriage and his personal life. When I left to my work I told my friend about it and she is a big lover for that singer. She left the work to by this newspaper, even though she never likes it before. That's only because she wants to know everything connecting to that singer that she love. Although it may look as an extreme example, but it is so true that everybody wants to know about celebrities' lives.

In conclusion, I agree that all media talk too much about famous figures' lives. Not only do the public want to know everything about them. But they also do that to get more benefits and more income.