Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose.Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose.
Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

In order to understand zoos, we must learn how these institutions work. Zoos provide safe places for animals live in. Therefore, some supporters will concur that these installations should be supported rather than criticized. However, in my view, zoos have not a useful purpose, and thus they must be closed for everybody's benefit.

To begin, zoos are institutions that allow government and private owners to make profits without being careful of the animals. The primary reason of having a zoo is to make money from it. Since these places reach a vast number of audiences, the government and private companies support them. As any other form of entertaining, zoos give audiences the opportunity to see wild animal closely. Nevertheless, this goes against the principle of the nature. If a person desires to watch wildlife, he should go to their habitats instead, so there are no reasons to keep these animals away from their natural environments. While seeing lions in a closet space is anti natural, it is also selfish to have places that promote these crazy ideologies. For example, in Venezuela, people go to the zoo to see the animals starving. Not only is this sad, but also it is unfair to the animals were brought about there because it is profitable for owners. The real question is who benefit from these places?

Another reason to oppose zoos is that animals have limited space without physical or psychological stimulation. Although some biologists express that injured species should be kept in these institutions, there are other ways to ensure survival. With this in mind, in Miami we have an animal wild life where species stay there just until the staffs believe they can be re-liberated in their natural environment. In addition, while these species stay in the institutions, scientists are capable to study the species and even put on a device in order to know where the animal is later. Therefore, the reasons that individuals have to study animals, restricting them of freedom, are not well supported, so zoos should be closed. Perhaps, the money could be used to build up more institutions to preserve species rather than entertain the public.

To sum up, the places where animals cannot be free must be wiped up. As I exposed above, the reasons to keep these institutions are not well supported. The only ones who benefit from these activities are humans, so we must stop being selfish and let the animals live in freedom as it was thousands of years ago.