Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Personally, I disagree with the argument that learning ideas and concepts is more important than studying facts for students, since compared with facts, theories are more abstract for students to learn.

Firstly, learning concepts and theorems would be so difficult for students, especially in primary schools, and introducing facts connected to the theories will benefit students in their understanding procedure. When students are learning some physics rules, they will understand more deeply about the theories when they are presented with some experiments or tools. Hence, learning the real facts is an inevitable stage during studying some ideas, especially when they are extremely difficult.

Moreover, if ideas and thoughts are not connected with real facts, they could be not as useful as we expected. For example, when people are learning some basic rules in economics of trading, all universities which are responsible for their students will open lessons about case study. In this situation, basic economics theorems would be useless if they cannot explain the real trades and prices happened in the markets. Therefore, the learning of facts would be helpful to check if the theorem is just an imagination or not.

Although learning ideas and concepts is so important in students’ education that none of the schools or universities could escape from it, learning more facts could enrich students’ experiences. Many people have encountered such a situation that even knowing the theory, they still cannot solve the problem. This is partly because they could not use the right theory to explain the specific phenomenon, which could be improved by reading more real cases or enduring more experiences. So, the saying that understanding ideas is more important for students than understanding facts is not feasible in all conditions.

Finally, the role of teaching students facts in details in classes cannot be ignored by teachers, and it cannot be substituted by the explanation about rules. Otherwise, students who will graduate from schools or colleges could be regard as some nerds who cannot prove their value in the real society.