Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
In this day and age, we are suffering from an argument that what is more important for us as a student, is it understanding the ideas and concepts or learning facts?
first of all, it is worth considering that they are a complement to each other and both can be interesting or boring. understanding ideas are more important for students than learning facts, I totally support it.
There are lots of reasons for that, firstly, concepts are the keystone of understanding facts. The student must “learn to learn", so, it is important to study the concepts and understand them to learn the facts on next round. For example, in mathematics, we must learn the grammars and the lows on how to solve any equation, and for physics when we learn its theories, we'll understand who the universe has created.
Secondly, when we learn the ideas and the concepts it earns us more opportunities in the society to do our work accurately in the future, for example , it is very important for doctors to learn the concepts firstly about the diseases and how to treat them then after that they depend on the experience to treat the people and the surgeons can do the difficult operations , and teacher, in the beginning, they learn how to teach their students in the future theoretically.
Thirdly, ideas and concepts are foundational to the learning of facts, like it is said "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime.” that means if the tutors teach the students the concepts in ways that are understandable so that they cannot be forgotten firstly, that will make their students be able to create their future correctly.
In conclusion, even if some subjects rely on the experience to learn, but understanding the ideas and concepts in the first place is important to educate our brains.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||Sepehram||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||Sepehram||78||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 6 hours ago||aaaaaaaaaa||78||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 12 hours ago||Chuppy||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||LGI||73||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||lauren1983||68||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||rena1071||76||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||valealej||85||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||Swaggy||70||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Mehralian||73||Read full essay|
- Many scientists believe it would be possible to maintain a permanent human presence on Mars or the Moon. On the other hand, conditions on Venus are so extreme and inhospitable that maintaining a human presence there would be impossible. First, atmospheric (3)
- In 1957 a European silver coin dating to the eleventh century was discovered at a Native American archaeological site in the state of Maine in the United States. Many people believed the coin had been originally brought to North America by European explor (70)
- Is It More Important To Be Able To Work With A Group Of People On A Team Or To Work Independently? Use Reasons And Specific Examples To Support Your Answer. (60)
- Hail—pieces of ice that form and fall from clouds instead of snow or rain—has always been a problem for farmers in some areas of the United States. Hail pellets can fall with great force and destroy crops in the field. Over the last few decades, a met (65)
- Altruism is a type of behavior in which an animal sacrifices its own interest for that of another animal or group of animals. Altruism is the opposite of selfishness; individuals performing altruistic acts gain nothing for themselves. Examples of altruism (61)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?For the successful development of a country, it is more important for a government to spend money on the education of very young children(five to ten years old) than to spend money on universities.Use (60)
- In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer. (60)
- Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them (60)
- Modern society has become more complex, so it is essential for the young people to have the ability to plan and organize. (60)
- Nowadays, with the invention of the microwave and with the popularity of fast food restaurants, food has become easier to prepare than ever. Do you think microwave ovens and fast food restaurants are beneficial to society? Use specific reasons and example (70)