Do you agree or disagree with the following statements It is better to spend money on something that lasts a long time such as an expensive piece of jewelry than on something that provides short term pleasure such as a vacation

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? It is better to spend money on something that lasts a long time, such as an expensive piece of jewelry than on something that provides short-term pleasure, such as a vacation.

People always go rapture at the mere mention of something that lasts a long time, such as jewelry and diamond. As a result, they crazily spend the money all they earn on it. Such behavior is beyond me. As an ordinary student, I believe that value depends on meanings not time. If I have choice, I would rather spend money on a short-term journey with my best friends than jewelry that lasts forever.

First of all, there are numerous things that will last forever in this world, such as rocks and stones. But do they all possess value? I cast doubt on that. As you can see, the majority of our earth is made of rocks and that’s why it is so tough and has high density. What makes the matter even worse is that such rocks and stones are plentiful. Therefore, it is unwise for people to invest so much money in them. For example, my uncle Peter is an accountant. His salary is no more than 50,000 dollars per year. In addition to pay for his daughter tuition, he has to afford his family daily expenses since his wife is unemployed. One day, hearing that the price of gold will skyrocket in the future, he immediately spent all his savings to purchase them without thinking twice. However, no more than one week, the price of gold shrinks more than 20%. Thus, we can’t put our money on something just because it will last forever.

Besides, although there is no denying the fact that jewelry last forever and could be passed on to our offspring, once it is lost we have nothing left. Today, it is common to see the news about theft everywhere. I happened to see a piece of news about the theft happened in Shanghai yesterday. It is said that there is an old lady wearing a golden watch in the shopping mall. In order to show off, she takes off her watch time and time again and presents it to the other customers, hoping to achieve some praises and adorable words from others. However, to her surprise, no more than three minutes since her last time taking off her watch, it disappears. According to the news, such watch costs more than 5000 dollars. She spends all her pension to buy this watch and now she has nothing left. Therefore, I don’t recommend buying thing that is too expensive.

What’s more, in my opinion, to some extent, some temporary things are more valuable than permanent things. Take travelling as an example. Although it may only last for a few days, the memory you collect from these days could be more meaningful than money itself. Last year, my family and I went to Hawaii. It really broadens my horizons and makes me know how big the world is. When I hike along the clean beach and rainforest, I could hear the birds there singing for me. It shows me the charm of our nature mother and it couldn’t be bought by money.

To draw a conclusion, taking what I have mentioned above, I really believe it would be more worthwhile to spend money on something that brings you pleasure even if it only lasts for a few days.

Put less content for examples.