Essay topics: Do you agrees or disagree. Good teachers set challenging tasks for their students.
Give specific example and reasons to support your claim.
Among any appreciable characteristic a teacher may have, setting challenging tasks for the students is one of the most important ones. It is a very delicate capability and I believe that only a good teacher can manage to make appropriate challenges that fit the students' abilities as well as promote their learning simultaneously.
Behavioral scientists have shown that challenging situations are necessary for efficient learning. They believe that the hormonal fluctuation induced by a difficult and unfamiliar task accelerates the brain activities in capturing and processing new data. My science teacher at the high school assigned me some relatively complicated tasks that I could do them by using newly taught subject at the class. The tasks really pomped adrenaline into my blood and I enjoyed the excitement, especially after coming to a solution. I have never forgotten the issues I learnt in this way.
Moreover, challenging tasks fuels the spirit of competition among the students. Thus, they may put more energy and effort in learning and applying the lessons in overcoming the task. In case of setting group-based challenges, the teachers may also encourage working as teams among their students. One of the memorable classes I've had was the chemistry lab, where the teacher asked us to work on a safe explosive material in groups. In that class we learned a lot about oxidation and reduction reactions.
However, challenges should not be so difficult that students cannot deal with them. In fact, the knowledge and control of learners are limited. A very complicated task that does not fit to the students' level of experty in a particular field will be rather daunting than encouraging. Therefore, it is a very serious job for a teacher to set the situation appropriate to the average intellectual and physical capabilities of the students.
In conclusion, I believe that challenging situations comprise a very important part in learning efficiently. The ability to set suitable tasks is an admirable talent of the teachers. Hence, I agree that good teachers set challenging tasks for their students.
- Do you agree or disagree that television programs, movies, and video games influence young people's behavior?Give reasons and specific examples to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated-twins (90)
- Do you agrees or disagree. Good teachers set challenging tasks for their students.Give specific example and reasons to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated- group work (70)
- The widespread use of the internet has given people access to information on a level never experienced before. How does this increase in the availability of information influence life in today's world? (95)
- Do you agree or disagree ? Childhood is the happiest time in a person`s life. Include reasons and examples to support your opinion. (45)
- integrated task- reward (80)
- Do you agree or disagree?Standardized Tests Like the Toefl Provide Sufficient Information to Determine Whether Students Should Be Admitted to a College or University EssayGive your reasons and examples to support your view (80)
- Integrated task- international working day (90)
- You are planning to study abroad. What do you think you will like and dislike about this experience? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer (95)