How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?

Like any kinds of media, movies and television are two-edged of weapon. The benefits of these two medias vary, but also, the drawbacks are countless. The following reasons explain how.

To start with, the contents of movies or television can extend one’s imagination. The famous movie, “Back to the Future,” is a typical example. This sci-fi movie released in 1985, and it also revealed people’s imagination about future world. It is 2015 now, the year that the main character experienced “the future.” It does not matter that we have hover boards or flying cars or not, the significant concept is how the contexts of movie or television can enlarge our world.

On the other hand, the contents of movies and television can cause negative impact on the society, especially on children and teenagers. Children and teenagers always engage in a problem to tell the different between reality and illusion, thus, they misunderstand the size, the material and the ability of toys or fancy utilities which sell on the advertisement. Take my personal experience for example. When I was a little girl, I thought my Teddy bear was my angel and it would give me comfort when I was sad. I saw it from the television advertisement, however, it never happen.

Furthermore, the usage of movies and television have its pro and con, too. Movies and television have been employed as the basic recreational activities in modern life. Friends and families share their leisure time watching movies and television programs together. It is easy to recall the beautiful memory that I spent with my family - the night that we gathered in front of television, watched performances and counted down before the New Year.

However, because it is convenient to access movies or television, it is easy to get addict to it. The summer vacation before entering junior high school, I indulged myself on movie channel. I watched plenty of movies, from Hollywood to local movies, from action to romance. The movie marathon made me nearsighted. I was nearsighted with 2.5 diopters after that summer.

In sum, the contexts and usages of movies and television influence on people’s behavior, both positively and negatively. Illusions and addictions can happen in any kinds of situation, therefore, it is always good to be aware of how you make the use of media.

This sci-fi movie released in 1985,
This sci-fi movie was released in 1985,

about future world.
about the future world.

to tell the different between reality and illusion,
to tell the difference between reality and illusion,

however, it never happen.
however, it never happens.

the usage of movies and television have its pro and con,
the usage of movies and television has its pros and cons,

The summer vacation before entering junior high school, I indulged myself on movie channel.
In the summer vacation before entering junior high school, I indulged myself on movie channel.