Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Essay topics: Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

nar78's picture

Homework is very important for students. It is the moment that students have the opportunity to put in practice what they have learned during class. Regardless that, I believe that assign to students homework only for 3 or 4 days will be enough to have a measure of what they have learned during class. Too much homework during the week takes students apart of so important things that they should be involved. Homework every day makes students to have no time to spend with their family. Also, students might not have enough interaction with their environment and they might not have enough contact with their friend either.

A regular student spends almost a whole day at school, approximately 8 hours there. A student has a long journey during the day. If additionally to that he has to do homework for two or more hours per day he scarcely will have family time. Family time is very important since is the moment that parents have to stay with their children. Communication among them should not be in damaged or sometimes broken because of too much homework. Family is the principal factor is children education. If they do not have time to educate properly their children teachers will have more problems at school. From this perspective I believe the will be enough if students have 3 or 4 days homework to do at home.

Be in contact with the environment is also very important for students. They should have time to enjoy the benefits of nature. Outdoor activities are very important since make people to relax after a dense day either at school or at work. If children do not have the opportunity during the week to do that their live will be very sad and bored. Outdoor activities are not important only to be relaxed but also to be healthy. If children have the chance to run, or to ride the bicycle or just explore the neighborhood the will be fresher, more relax and even healthier.

Children that have friends are happier. Students that have time to dedicate to their friends are less tense. When they know how to treat a friend, when they know how to share things with a friend and when they have time to speak with a friend they are happier children and better students. Friend time is very important. Students rely in friends to tell them what they probably do not share with their parents. If they express themselves with their friends they will be better students since they will be more focus in class. If they have to do homework every single day they will not have time for friends.

To sum up, I think that homework should be assigned only 3 or 4 days. In that way students will have good family time, they will also have time to enjoy their environment and their friend as well.