One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them take a part time job

Starting a job at a young age is a good way to help teenagers for the future. Some people agree that parents should encourage children to find a part time, while others believe this is not an excellent idea. In my view, the best way parents can help their children is making them to find a job for some reasons.

First, children who get a job at an early stage of life can learn a valuable lesson about being responsible. Therefore, teenagers understand the concept of money and how they should care more about use it. For example, when I was in high school, I started to work with my father as his veterinary assistant. My dad paid me and made me responsible of my bills. One time I spent all my money going out with my friends, so I did not have enough money to pay my phone. I asked for more money to my dad. However, he told me that now that I was working I should be responsible for my bill. The phone was out of service for that month because I did not have money to pay with. After receiving my next paycheck, I first paid my bills and the rest of the money was used for my leisure time. With this job I learned at a young age how to manage my money and being responsible with it. That was a unique lesson aided me to prepare for my adulthood because I became responsible after that experience.

In addition to being responsible, a part time job also provides children substantial experiences. Thus, jobs give teenagers the opportunity to obtain new knowledge. For instance, my mother worked in a school when she was 18 years old. She worked with children of 8 and 9 years old. She has told me that before she went to this place, she did know how to gain attention from these kids. Every time she was in the middle of the class, the students got distracted easily. My mother did researches about how to keep the kids focused. Also she talked with one of the superiors about this issue. Finally, my mom discovered the best way to address this problem after searching for days was to make fun games by the time she gave the class. She acquired new knowledge because of her part time job, which make of her experience a memorable lesson to share later in her life.

To sum up, the best way to prepare students for their future is to encourage them to get a part time job. They will learn from the job not only how to be responsible, but also a new experience, which can lead to new knowledge. I do not have a child yet, but if I had a child, I would definitely aid him to find a job in a young age as my father did to me.

No. of Words: 486 while No. of Different Words: 215