the rules that the whole society today expect young people to follow are too strict.

Born in 21st century, I am strongly convinced that young people today are under great expectation from both society and family. From my point of view, to keep the pace with rapidly developed society, young people today are required to follow a variety of rules. Therefore, I can't agree more with the statement that the rules that the whole society today expect young people to follow are strict.

First of all, it is widely accepted that society today has become more and more competitive. To survive in this society, young people today are under great pressure. In school, you have to compete with your classmates so as to get higher grades. At home, you have to compete with your brothers so as to obtain praise from your parents. At work, you have to compete with your colleagues so as to win the heart of in-charge. Therefore, it's impossible for young people today to get away with such competition. And if you want to win such fight, the most efficient way is to follow other's expectations. That's to say you have to study hard as what your teachers expect, to be smart as what your parents expect and to perform well as what your boss expect. Thus, young people today have taken so many expectations.

Secondly, it seems to be a rule that society should impose lots of expectations on young people. As we all know, young people are the future of the world and the hope of society. Therefore, to make this world a better place, the whole society is required to pay more attention to young people. For example, for the sake of their health, China has passes an act that prohibits young people before 16 years old from smoking. Besides, the education law in China also requires all the young people to enter high school. If those young people don't follow these expectation, they violate the law to some extent. From this perspective, we can say that the rules that the whole society today expect young people to follow are strict.

In addition to the expectations from government, young people today also shoulder the expectation from relatives and friends. Such phenomena are even more conspicuous in China. For example, a woman who is still single after 30 years old will be seen as leftover lady. Leftover lady in Chinese means a woman that nobody wants to marry. In other words, this is a kind of stereotype. Therefore, if the young lady who still has no boyfriend is 28 years old now, her family and friends will arrange blind date for her. To avoid the bias from relatives and prejudice from peers, young girls have no choice but to follow such strict rules. They need to try their best to step into the marriage before 30 years old.

To draw a conclusion, taking what I have mentioned above, I believe that young people today need to follow strict rules that they are expected to.

The essay is not exactly right on the topic.

You need to talk about 'the rules ... are too strict?' not about expectations.