Essay topics: Some people enjoy taking risks and trying new things. Others are not adventurous; they are
cautious and prefer to avoid danger. Which behavior do you think is better? Explain why?
People are of two categories, either conservative or adventurous. People who take risk have big dreams and are determined to reach their goals. On the contrary, another group of people do not like to get into challenging situations. Some aspects of argument are discussed below.
There are a number reasons why some people are willing to take risk. One of the reasons is that they want to promote themselves professionally. From this point, personally, after graduation from university with bachelor degree, I decided to move another country, which offered better job opportunities to educated people. This was the most important decision that I made in my life ever since. Upon my entry, I could get a scholarship from a high ranking university and kept on my education. Finally, I could find a suitable job whereby my whole life was guaranteed. Now, I feel that my dreams day by day are achieved. Therefore, my career prosperity is due to my taking risk.
Occasionally, taking risk leads us to try new experiences or to learn new skills. I recall the past memories of my high school period when my father purchased me a motor bike which was admissible for my age group and did not need a driving license. I, together with my friend, made an appointment to have a enjoyable time by driving motor bike in a remote place where there was no any potential danger. I was used to avoid dangerous maneuvers, but my friend loved to jump from elevations while riding motor bike. His bravery allowed him to become skillful in doing dramatic motions with motor bike. Since then, a friend of mine became interested in following his favorite sport. As a result, he was successful to join a popular team which participates in any championship a year. If he did not take risk, such a success would not take place to him.
Finally, I prefer to be an adventurous person and am fond of taking risk, because it inspires me to attain my dreams and most importantly it gives me a chance to learn or try new things that may be enjoyable. From above remarks I recommend anyone to have a sensible risk in his or her life.
- Why do people travel? Use examples and reasons to support your argument. (80)
- If friends from another country were going to spend time in your country, what city or place would you suggest they visit? Using details and examples, explain why? (80)
- Some people enjoy taking risks and trying new things. Others are not adventurous; they arecautious and prefer to avoid danger. Which behavior do you think is better? Explain why? (45)
- University education should be free. Do you agree or disagree? Why? Use examples and reasons to develop your argument. (50)
- Which teacher has had the greatest influence on your life? Why? Give examples and reasons to support and develop your opinion. (80)
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of using a cellphone. Give illustrations and reasons to support your opinion. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A student must like a teacher in order to learn from the teacher.Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The best things in life do not cost money.Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A university education should include an internship or some type of work experience?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answers. (65)
- Some students like to work in a group with other students when doing assignments and projects. Other students prefer to work independently. Which do you prefer use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)