Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

A lot of people like to eat food out of their houses because it is easier, they don’t have to cook and also, they don’t have to wash the dishes. Others prefer to prepare and eat food at home, because it is cheaper, but most important, it is healthier. There are a lot of advantages but also disadvantages of each one, but I prefer to cook at home for some of the following reasons.

In the first place, when you prepare your food at home you are spending less money than when you eat out. That is because to buy the ingredients is cheaper than to buy a cooked dish. Also, if you stay at home you don’t have to spend money in transportation or gasoline to go to a different place to eat. While is true, going out to eat makes our lives easy because we can stay at home resting instead of cooking until the time to eat, but anyway there is a price we have to pay for this resting, so I prefer to save money and eat at home. For example, when I was in college I also had a part time job, so I was too tired to start cooking when I got home late at night. I decided to buy food instead of cooking. I stop saving because I need the money to buy cooked food three times a day, every day. Now that I finished college I cook at home and I save a lot of money.

The second reason is that homemade food is healthier than a restaurants or food stands dishes. When we cook at home we try to find the freshest ingredients to cook our food, also the best meats and grains, most of the time no additives food. In the restaurants they just find what is more profitable for them to make as much money as they can, but they don’t worry about the health of their customers. For instance, my sister’s friend got sick of eating fast food every day, he said it made his life easier because he didn’t have to cook, but it went wrong when he started gaining weight, and that affected his health. He needed to stop eating that food and start cooking at home again.

To sum up, there are advantages and also disadvantages of cooking at home, but I think there are more positive things than negatives ones because as I stated above, you spend less money cooking at home than eating out, and the most important thing is that you can take care of your health, deciding what you are going to eat and how you cook it. I encourage everybody to try to eat at home as much as possible, because even though sometimes it gets hard because we feel tired and we don’t want to cook at home, at the end of the day, our home is The Best Restaurant.

No. of Words: 497 while No. of Different Words: 194