Some students prefer classes with open discussions between the professor and students and almost no lectures. Other students prefer classes with lectures and almost no discussions. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your ans

Some students prefer classes with open discussions between the professor and students and almost no lectures. Other students prefer classes with lectures and almost no discussions. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Education is an important part of our life. It often determines our level of success. Some students think that the best education comes from classes that focus on open discussion. They say that using open discussion is a way the professor can find the student weakness. I understand this point of view but I have a different opinion. I believe that courses should focus on the lectures and the following discussion reveals my stand and reasoning.

First, lectures ensure that most important material is learned. When you take classes that focus on discussion, a few students often talk the most. As a result the class focus on what they want and not as much as other students or the professor. For example, when I was in the university, I took class on the history of Caribbean. This class was almost 100% discussion. There was one student who always asked question and talked about her personal life. If this class where lecture based, students would have been learn more about the Caribbean. Though this may be extreme example, as you can clearly see, lectures create a stronger learning environment.

Second, students still get to ask questions in lecture-based classes. During a lecture, a student can still raise his hand ask a question or make a comment. For example, in university, I took a beginning chemistry class with about 150 students, maybe more. As you can imagine, this class was almost 100% lecture based. I noticed that students would always a question or make a comment during the lecture. This created a very small, but useful discussion that other students could hear. This happened at least two or three times everyday and in my other lecture-based classes as well. This experience taught me that lecture- based classes are better.

Third, lecture is the key of student’s success and save time. The students can understand their topics more efficiently during the class. For example, when I was in secondary school, there was a teacher who taught us mathematics. She used to teach us in a very interactive way: first she explains a topic and solves its example questions, then she use to give us few questions to solve on our own, after a few time, she use to check each student's note copy and corrects us if there is any mistake. As a result every student in my class scored good marks in mathematics.

In conclusion, the most preferable classes are lecture based. Not only students learn more but they also still have a chance to ask questions and made comments. We should all recognize the effectiveness of lecture- based course.

the class focus on what they want
the classes focus on what they want

If this class where lecture based,
If this class were lecture based,

Though this may be extreme example
Though this may be an extreme example

Not only students learn more but they also still have a chance to ask questions
Description: 'Not only...but also' is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?

We are expecting:

follow this user with less examples:
http://www.testbig.com/users/ftn

---------------------