TPO 17 Independent A D Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are

TPO 17 – Independent: A/D? Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.

Marketing is finding potential customers and increasing the sale of the products by advertising them. In this regard, I firmly believe that most advertisements include some exaggeration about the product to attract more consumers. What follows is the elaboration of my viewpoint.

Advertisers use specific methods to introduce their product at any expense. That is to say, advertisers utilize technological equipment to make their product shine in a TV program, a magazine, or any other advertising tools and do not pay any attention to results of the exaggeration. For instance, there is a TV commercial for weight-loss lotion which declares that it affects the extra fat in the body at only an hour and shows two women using it and losing some weight which I am sure it is done by a computer video edit program. My friend got deceived by the program and bought the product but it never happened to her, not to mention her skin's allergy to the lotion and the rash engendered by the lotion.

To mention the positive points for several times is a popular method to introduce a product in public. This means that advertisers never touch on the weak points of an output in a commercial, nevertheless they repeat the pros for many times. A marketing theory indicates that recurring a slogan during a television advertisement has far-reaching influence on the audience, even though it may not be correct.

Relating the advantages of a product bigger than what it is and disguising its disadvantages from the purchaser is a way to compete with other brands for the same product. In addition, expressing the negative points never encourages a consumer to buy the product. Therefore, sellers draw their customers' attention to the merits of the output and display it better much than the real product.

To put it in a nutshell, marketing is the knowledge of using advertisements to inspire the potential costumer to buy the product and does it by introducing the product much better than what it is indeed. In fact, advanced technological equipment in making visual attractions and new psychological methods of marketing have led the commercials overstate the products' features.

have led the commercials overstate the products' features.
have led the commercials overstating the products' features.