Essay topics: TPO-17:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Advertising is one of the most useful ways for enterprise to convince their customers of the products. In fact, advertisements should be honest that it contains real information of the product. Meanwhile nowadays advertisement appears to be more misleading and make products better from the appearance.
Advertisement seems to make us hard to tell the reality from the fantasy. There is a specific example. When targeted to the young children, enterprises tend to use fantasy themes and characters from fantasy movies to help show off their product. Since young children tend not to tell the reality to the fantasy, they will be misled and believe that the product appearing in the advertisement is worth buying. But in fact, the quality of the product will disappoint its buyers.
Moreover, nowadays manufacturers tend to ask celebrities to advertise their products. This will also be misleading, too. The celebrities who advertise the product may not use the product at all and he knows nothing about the product. But the audiences tend to believe him since they think the celebrity is always responsible for what he said in a public situation. The celebrity makes this product worth buying, but in fact, it is not as good as the thing appears on the television.
Sometimes manufacturers just do not ask any celebrities to help them with advertising. What they do is just to find someone acting as the users of the product. This will be even more misleading since they better convince the audience that the product is of great use, since the audience tends to believe people who have something in common with themselves. On the contrary, the product is not usually so valuable that the audience is cheated by merchants. Under these circumstances advertisements seem misleading and make people feel better about the product.
Although there is possibility that some advertisements are worth believing at most time advertisement seems to guide us to a wrong direction.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|9 months 3 weeks ago||osfallatah89||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 week ago||Ivy24||73||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||mahi22||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||11behnam11||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||Samantaheri||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||zeroreh||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||Dozer||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 weeks ago||Dozer||86||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 weeks ago||Dozer||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 11 months ago||ebiv87||85||Read full essay|
- TPO2 Integrated writing--In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages...Summarise the points made in the lectu (83)
- TPO 2 (3)
- TPO-01 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day. However, many employees want to work a four-day week and are willing to accept less pay inorder to do so. A mandatory policy requiri (80)
- Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (45.5)
- A memorandum from a researcher of Metro Motorcycles: The advertisement budget spent on social media websites has no effect on sales. A costumer survey shows that 90% of the participants said they never purchase the product because of the advertisements on (52)
- The following appeared in an article in a consumer-products magazine:"Two of today's best-selling brands of full-strength prescription medication for the relief of excess stomach acid, Acid-Ease and Pepticaid, are now available in milder nonprescription f (83)
- The following appeared as part of a newspaper editorial:"Two years ago Nova High School began to use interactive computer instruction in three academic subjects. The school dropout rate declined immediately, and last year's graduates have reported some im (56)
- The following appeared in the editorial section of a local newspaper:"In the first four years that Montoya has served as mayor of the city of San Perdito, the population has decreased and the unemployment rate has increased. Two businesses have closed for (76.5)
- The following appeared in an article in a health–and–fitness magazine:"Laboratory studies show that Saluda Natural Spring Water contains several of the minerals necessary for good health and that it is completely free of bacteria. Residents of Saluda, (59)
- The following appeared in an announcement issued by the publisher of The Mercury, a weekly newspaper:"Since a competing lower-priced newspaper, The Bugle, was started five years ago, The Mercury's circulation has declined by 10,000 readers. The best way t (63)