Essay topics: TPO-17:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Nowadays, advertising is one of the most popular ways used by companies make their product attractive to consumers. However, some advertisements are somehow misleading because most of them usually make product seem better than they really are.
First of all, the images and videos of advertised products are usually beatified by professional photographers deliberately. With the advanced techniques in photography, the products in the photos will always look good than they are in reality, which, of course will attractive the attention from the consumers very easily. However, sometimes this will disappoint the consumers when they find out the real products do not look as good as they are in the photos.
Secondly, the words and languages are used very carefully in the advertisements so that the advantages of the products will be highlighted while some disadvantages can be ignored by the consumers. For example, on an advertisement of TV cable package, it will always say something attractive about price, such as package starting at twenty-nine dollars, which makes people believe it is really cheap. However, when consumers are going to enroll the program, they will be required to order the internet with TV as bundle to active the TV cable package, which will cost them more than twenty nine dollars eventually.
Thirdly, some companies will hire celebrities to promote their products in the advertisements, which make a lot of consumers blindly believe that the products are good. However, a lot of celebrities who are representing a product do not use that product at all. For example, consumers may believe in some make up products if those products are represented by beautiful pop stars, because they always look good with their make up on the screen. However, those pop stars do not necessarily use such product for the photograph. This, of course will make the consumers disappoint again once they find out they could not use the products as well as those celebrities do.
In summary, I agree that most advisements make product seems much better than they really are, because of the beautified images, careful language and famous celebrities they use in the advisements.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|9 months 3 weeks ago||osfallatah89||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 days ago||Ivy24||73||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||mahi22||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||11behnam11||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||Samantaheri||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||zeroreh||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||Dozer||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||Dozer||86||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||Dozer||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 11 months ago||ebiv87||85||Read full essay|
- TPO2 Integrated writing--In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages...Summarise the points made in the lectu (83)
- TPO 2 (3)
- TPO-01 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day. However, many employees want to work a four-day week and are willing to accept less pay inorder to do so. A mandatory policy requiri (80)
- Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (45.5)
- A memorandum from a researcher of Metro Motorcycles: The advertisement budget spent on social media websites has no effect on sales. A costumer survey shows that 90% of the participants said they never purchase the product because of the advertisements on (52)
- The following appeared in an article in a consumer-products magazine:"Two of today's best-selling brands of full-strength prescription medication for the relief of excess stomach acid, Acid-Ease and Pepticaid, are now available in milder nonprescription f (83)
- The following appeared as part of a newspaper editorial:"Two years ago Nova High School began to use interactive computer instruction in three academic subjects. The school dropout rate declined immediately, and last year's graduates have reported some im (56)
- The following appeared in the editorial section of a local newspaper:"In the first four years that Montoya has served as mayor of the city of San Perdito, the population has decreased and the unemployment rate has increased. Two businesses have closed for (76.5)
- The following appeared in an article in a health–and–fitness magazine:"Laboratory studies show that Saluda Natural Spring Water contains several of the minerals necessary for good health and that it is completely free of bacteria. Residents of Saluda, (59)
- The following appeared in an announcement issued by the publisher of The Mercury, a weekly newspaper:"Since a competing lower-priced newspaper, The Bugle, was started five years ago, The Mercury's circulation has declined by 10,000 readers. The best way t (63)