Integrated- group work

Integrated- group work

The passage explains how group work can promote the decision making process. However, the lecturer mentions some disadvantages of such practice which cast doubt on the claims of the reading.

Firstly, the professor argues that people tend to conform to the ideas of the majority in a group. Thus, groups usually ignore any contradicting view. This is against the passage claim that working together in accomplishing a task leads to the pooling of intellectual resources and a more varied and deeper view toward a problem.

Secondly, the lecturer highlights the false believe of being immune from making mistakes among groups. He illustrates his point by a case of prison break due to the fact that none of the responsible agents could believe that a single prisoner would deceive them. This is in contrast to the passage that says sharing the responsibility of making decision, to reduce the risk of making wrong decision, is a benefit of group work.

Finally, he asserts that group members usually reassure each other about their decisions so that they may stick to a wrong idea. The Ford company failure in making a best seller product is an example of this type of mall-efficiency. This undermines the reading that says a benefit of group work is brainstorming, which results in achieving worthwhile goals.

This is against the passage claim that
This is against the passage claiming that

the lecturer highlights the false believe
the lecturer highlights the false belief

Sentence: The Ford company failure in making a best seller product is an example of this type of mall-efficiency.
Description: The token a is not usually followed by an adjective, superlative
Suggestion: Refer to a and best