In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables tha

In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables that are grown without the aid of man-made chemicals. In the past several years, organic produce has become widely popular as it is healthier than traditionally grown produce for humans and for the environment. Most consumers who purchase organic fruits and vegetables do it for their own personal health. They know that when they purchase organic produce, they do not run the risk of ingesting any of the potentially harmful chemicals used with traditionally grown produce. Many people feel safer feeding their families produce that has been grown without these man-made chemicals. There are environmental reasons to buy organic produce as well. Farms that grow organic produce tend to pose less of a risk to the water sources near the farm than traditional farms do. Traditional farms use chemicals that can run off of the plants and make their way into nearby sources of water, which can cause water pollution. Since organic farms do not use these chemicals, they pose little risk to nearby sources of water. Also, organic farms tend to impact their surrounding ecosystems less than traditional farms do. The chemicals used on plants can hurt the populations of vegetation and animals near traditional farms, creating imbalances and disturbances in the surrounding ecosystem. On the other hand, the lack of chemicals on organic farms results in far less negative impact on nearby ecosystems. For people concerned about their own safety and the well-being of the environment, organic produce is the obvious choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb1t79Np9iw

The reading asserts the public concern regarding food production in safety conditions, whereas, the organic product has been approved in opposition to traditional one in recent decades. However, professor refutes the reading by saying to not judge the products according to how they are made, organically or traditionally.

First, the reading reveals that traditional production makes use of man-made chemicals which are harmful for indigestion and, that is why, the organic industry has absolutely prospered. On the contrary, the lecture states that chemicals present on the surface of fruits and vegetables are reduced to a tiny quantity by washing which is made in the manufacture and by customers. Therefore, even if the percentage of these substances are in high quantity, this could not have any effect on consumers’ health.

Second, the passage posits that the traditional farms generate a huge amount of wastes to water sources in surrounding areas, due to chemicals. Otherwise, professor denies the point by saying that there are law penalties in case of aquatic pollution. In addition, she is convinced that this sort of environmental issue would not occur to traditional farms.

Third, the author notices that traditional food production can lead to a hazardous impact on nearby ecosystems, and in the same way, a significant loose of animals and plants. He insists that the organic farms turn to be a friendly environment. On the other hand, the lecture refers that every kind of farms could not possess any negative effects on environment. Obviously, from a recent study, the chemicals are responsible for eliminating weeds and insects which are pests for plants. It is highlighted that if farmers had not properly managed their field, the ecosystem would be under thread.

professor refutes the reading by saying to not judge the products according to how they are made
professor refutes the reading by saying not to judge the products according to how they are made

a significant loose of animals
a significant loss of animals