A recent study reveals that people especially young people are reading far less literature novels plays and poems than they used to This is troubling because the trend has unfortunate effects for the reading public for culture in general and for the futur

A recent study reveals that people especially young people are reading far less literature—novels, plays, and poems—than they used to. This is troubling because the trend has unfortunate effects for the reading public, for culture in general, and for the future of literature itself.
While there has been a decline in book reading generally, the decline has been especially sharp for literature. This is unfortunate because nothing else provides the intellectual stimulation that literature does. Literature encourages us to exercise our imaginations, empathize with others, and expand our understanding of language. So by reading less literature, the reading public is missing out on important benefits.
Unfortunately, missing out on the benefits of literature is not the only problem. What are people reading instead? Consider the prevalence of self-help books on lists of best sellers. These are usually superficial poorly written, and intellectually undemanding. Additionally, instead of sitting down with a challenging novel, many persons are now more likely to turn on the television, watch a music video, or read a Web page. Clearly, diverting time previously spent in reading literature to trivial forms of entertainment has lowered the level of culture in general.
The trend of reading less literature is all the more regrettable because it is taking place during a period when good literature is being written. There are many talented writers today, but they lack an audience. This fact is bound to lead publishers to invest less in literature and so support fewer serious writers. Thus, the writing as well as the reading of literature is likely to decline because of the poor standards of today's readers.

The reading states that people now are reading less literature than before and provides the effects this is causing. However, the speaker explains that the decreases of this king of writing material, such as novels and plays, is not causing a reduction of literature people and refutes each of the author's claims.

First, the article claims that novels intellectually stimulate people. Moreover, by reading poems and novels, young people exercise their imagination more efficient than with any other kind of reading material. The professor refutes this point by saying that people are reading literature in different ways, but books. He states that science, history, and politic materials are as well-written as novels and poems are. Thus, although people are not using books to stimulate their mind, they are using other types of materials to exercise their imagination.

Second, the reading says that people not only are missing literature, but also they are spending the time reading poor-written materials. Furthermore, the author points out that instead of reading many persons are using their time to watch T.V and videos. However, the professor says that because culture is changing nowadays, people are using T.V shows and music to get new knowledge. According to the professor, this does not mean that the population of people is not learning, but they do by using different methods.

Third, the article posits that less literature results in less support for writers because of the lack of audience. The professor opposes this point by explaining that the main problem with literature is the difficult vocabulary to understand. Therefore, people have lost the interest in novels and poems. If the literature were easier to understand, then more readers would

people not only are missing literature, but also they are spending the time
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?