Essay topics: TOEFL TPO 42 - Integrated Writing Task
the article states that wild birds cannot recognize the glass windows used in the buildings and srtick to it. this cause serious injury to them. the atricle provides three reasons for solving this problem. However, the professor explains that all of the solutions presented in the reading cannot stop this event, and are not effective and refutes each of the author's rasons.
first, the reading claims that replace clear glass with one direction's tranparent glass. the professor opposes this point by saying that transaprent glass in one direction resemble a mirror and birds again cannot understand mirror. he also states that, mirror glass reflects the light as sky or trees reflect. so bird cannot distinguish differences between them.
second, the article posits that painting or designing new such as using stripes on the glass ( in this stance, people can see out, but other people or birds which are out can not see inside of the buildings). in contrasts, the peofessor says stripes which used for this purpose is narrow, must use very thickh stripes. according to the professor, when using thick stripes on the glass, not only there were small spots for people who want to see out of the glass, but the inside of the room went into darkness.
third, the reading says artificial magnetic field can guides birds go awayr from near the buildings. the professor cast doubt on this point by explaining that bird's navigation by magnetic field is for long distances not for short trips. for example, when birds want to go from cold climate to warn one use magnetic field to find proper way, while in short distances birds use their eyes.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours. (71)
- ProfessorIt's perfectly possible that the nests found inside the fossilized trees were made by bees 200 million years ago. The arguments used by the skeptics are not convincing.First, it's true we have no fossil remains of actual bees that date (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and exam (85)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Governments should spend more money in support of the arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (85)
- Now listen to part of a lecture on the topic you just read about.Each of the arguments about the benefits of cigarette and other such taxes can be challenged.First, these taxes don't necessarily lead to healthier behavior. For instance, high cigarett (86)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (76)
- Now listen to a part of a lecture on the topic you just read about.Asteroid colonization is not a very practical idea. Each of the points in the reading has a serious downside.First, while low gravity on an asteroid would make landing and taking off relat (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (76.5)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (76)
- TOEFL TPO 42 - Integrated Writing Task (81)