TPO 10

TPO 10

The passage claims that the decline in the sea otter is due to the environment pollution.However, the professor finds all the presented evidences implausible, he argue that the decline in the sea otter is due to attacking by predators. The professor casts doubt on the reading by using a number of points that are contrary to the passage main idea.
The first point that the professor uses to cast doubt on the reading is the existing of dead sea otter.The reading passage posits that water contains chemicals that threatens the species and causes their death . However the professor contents this issue, he says no dead sea otter found on the beach which supports that sea otter exposed to attacking by predator.
The second point that the professor uses to cast doubt on the reading is disappearing of whales.The reading passage argues that existing of much species that starts to decline same as sea otter which supports the environment pollution hyposis . However the professor dismiss this evidence , he says that whales starts to disappear due to human hunting so orcas begin to survive on other small sea species.
The Third point that the professor uses to cast doubt on the reading is orcas size.The author holds the view that different concentration of pollution causes different rate of decline. However the professor rebut this issue, he said that orcas are large enough that they can’t reach to narrow places which interpret why those places have higher sea otters than others.

In conclusion, the existing of dead sea otter, disappearing of whales and orcas size from lectures demonstrate that the decline in the sea otter is due to the environment pollution is in doubt.