Essay topics: TPO-Extra 2-integrated
Both the reading and listening parts offer two opposite views about smart cars. While the passage lists three advantages of smart cars to depict its adherence from this novel technology; the professor, on the other hand, casts doubt on all mentioned benefits, and presents some clues to call all of them into the question.
First of all, the article refers to the fewer numbers of the accident as the first benefits of smart cars, which also saves a life; the instructor, in contrast, refutes this point. As she describes, any advanced technology breaks down occasionally; thus, there is the possibility that one of the smarts cars falls and does not work in the traffic. In this case, for the sake of compact traffic of smart cars, there would be a bigger accident if one car stops working. So, the smart car does not reduce accidents or the number of injuries.
Secondly, meanwhile, the text stated the high speeded highway as another positive aspect of smart cars; the lecturer, on the contrary, disapproves it. As she explains, according to one study, the number of individuals who use cars increases when they convince with the traffic. Therefore, the comfort provided by the smart cars persuades more persons to drive cars; as a result, the traffic will stay heavy as more cars are used. Consequently, smart cars do not speed up the highway's speed and reduce community duration.
Finally, the passage mentioned that the reduction of driving's cost as the last advantage of smart cars; otherwise, the professor rejects this one too. As she asserts, the global desired advancement in technology requires a high amount of money. Besides, the repairment of the smart cars, for the sake of their technical stuff such as the sensor, is more expensive than the traditional cars. So, the money required for the smart cars' development and repairment offsets the cost of ordinary cars and people will not save money by owning smart cars.
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement? The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people. (73)
- tpo46 (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? it is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that will affect your daily life. (80)
- tpo 45-integ (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? in the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them: today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives, use specific reasons and examples t (73)
- tpo44-integ (85)
- some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to fun playing games or sports. Others believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoo (73)
- imagine that you are in a classroom or meeting, the teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? 1. interrupt and correct the mistake right away; 2. wait until the class or meetin (73)
- tpo43 (81)
- Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)