TPO18:Integrated writing

TPO18:Integrated writing

The article states that the Torreya taxifoha, a type of tree common in the state of Florida, will soon become extinct and there are three ways to address the decline of Torreya. However, the professor says none of the three solutions that mentioned in the passage provides a satisfactory solution.

First, the passage claims that the scientists have been working to plant Torreya seeds in the coolest, dampest areas of the microclimate, where it is a very favorable to Torreya’s growth. The professor refutes this point by stating that’s unlikely to be successful, because these areas are being strongly affected by changes in the climate such as global warming has contributed to an increase in overall temperature of the area. Torreya’s would not have the conditions it needs to survive in microclimate areas.

Second, the author posits that one of the solutions is to move Torreya to an entirely different location, far from its Florida microclimate, in a process known as assisted migration where humans would simply be helping Torreya return to an environment that is more suited to its survival. In contrast, the professor states that when human moved another tree called black locus to a new environment, it killed many plants and trees in the area. So assisted migration can have unpredicted outcomes.

Third, the article states that the best way to protect the species and conduct research on Torreya is to preserve it in research centers. The professor refutes this point by explaining that the population of Torreya trees that can be kept in the centers will not be able to resist diseases. Tree population in wild usually could resist diseases because it needs to be in large quantity and to be genetically diverse.

none of the three solutions that mentioned in the passage provides a satisfactory solution.
none of the three solutions that is mentioned in the passage provides a satisfactory solution.
none of the three solutions mentioned in the passage provides a satisfactory solution.

Torreya’s would not have the conditions
Torreya would not have the conditions

Sentence: So assisted migration can have unpredicted outcomes.
Error: unpredicted Suggestion: No alternate word

less content wanted from reading:

the author posits that one of the solutions is to move Torreya to an entirely different location, far from its Florida microclimate, in a process known as assisted migration where humans would simply be helping Torreya return to an environment that is more suited to its survival.

---------------------