TPO20- Integrated writing

TPO20- Integrated writing

The article states that in the summer of 1988, forest fires in Yellowstone, the most famous national park in the country, burned for more than two months. The passage provides three kinds of damaged caused by the ‘’let it burn’’ policy was emphasized by critics of the policy. However, the professor says that fires are the natural part of an ecological system and their role not just destructive but also creative and refutes each of the author’s points.

First, the passage claims that the Yellowstone’s fires caused tremendous damage to the park’s tree and other vegetation. The professor refutes this point by explaining that the plant in the Yellowstone’s become more diverse because the fire created an opportunity for a certain plant to grow. For example, the small plants appeared in the Yellowstone due to the open areas that created after the fire. Another example, seeds of certain plants germinate when it exposed to high levels of heat.

Second, the reading posits that the park wildlife was affected as well, due to the destruction of habitats and the disruption of food chains. The professor refutes this point by stating that the fire also created an opportunity for certain animals to survive. For example, the small plants that replaced large trees after the fire were good habitats for small animals like rabbits. Moreover, the professor says that the food chain became stronger after fire.

Third, the passage states that the fires compromised the value of the park as a tourist attraction, and the local businesses that depended on park visitors suffered as a result. In contrast, the professor says that the fire in 1988 was unusual because it had many combinations like low rainfall and strong wind, which would not occur again. Also, the tourists came back to the Yellowstone next year and each year after that.

The passage provides three kinds of damaged caused by the ‘’let it burn’’ policy was emphasized by critics of the policy.
The passage provides three kinds of damages caused by the ‘’let it burn’’ policy which was emphasized by critics of the policy.

and their role not just destructive
and their role is not just destructive

due to the open areas that created after the fire.
due to the open areas that are created after the fire.
due to the open areas created after the fire.

Another example, seeds of certain plants germinate when it exposed to high levels of heat.
Another example, seeds of certain plants germinate when they are exposed to high levels of heat.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.

-----------------------