In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th 2006 Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interferin

In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfering with Uranus's orbit. Though Pluto was estimated to be similar in size to Earth, it was later discovered that it was even smaller than our own moon, as well as many other moons. It is now known that there are thousands of planetary objects similar to Pluto, including Eris which is slightly larger than Pluto. Choosing to reclassify Pluto to a dwarf planet honors the fact that science is about making new discoveries. While it was a sad day for Pluto lovers, people in general have accepted the idea, and the next generation of children will grow up knowing only eight planets and thinking nothing of it. As Mike Brown, the astronomer who discovered Eris, noted following the IUC's decision, "science is self-correcting."

There is a controversial debate about planet status of several planetary objects near to Uranus’s orbit such as Pluto and Eris. In 24th August 2006, International Astronomical Union Conference removed the planet honours for these objects.

Firstly, the discovery of Pluto in 13th March 1930 had intrigued scientists, because of its size according to the lecture and the reading. It mentioned that Pluto is likely to have the same measures as Earth, but after that, it was considered to be smaller than our Moon.

Secondly, astronomers had voted against the idea that Pluto is a planet. From the listening, the election consisted of 10% of astronomers, some of whom claimed that Pluto should not be included in Solar System. In contrast with the reading passage, Mr Mike Brown give an unsupportive response regarding IUC’s decision that “science is self-correcting”. So, he expects that this situation will be changed in the future.

Thirdly, the election results from the conference in 2006 have generated an enormous stock among people who have a passion for astronomy, especially for Pluto. The public declares “Great Pluto War” to IUC’s ideas about Pluto. They hope that next generation will adopt their opinion about Pluto and Eris.

In 24th August 2006,
On August 24th 2006,

Sentence: In contrast with the reading passage, Mr Mike Brown give an unsupportive response regarding IUC's decision that science is self-correcting.
Description: The fragment Brown give an is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace give with verb, past tense

the election results from the conference in 2006 have generated an enormous stock
Description: two verbs in one sentence. can you re-write this sentence?

will adopt their opinion about Pluto and Eris.
will adopt their opinions about Pluto and Eris.

Error: unsupportive Suggestion: No alternate word