TOEFL requirements for ECPTOTE

Submitted by miamiheat on Wed, 02/21/2018 - 21:26

The Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners (ECPTOTE) is a State of Texas agency charged with protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the people of Texas by supporting the Board of PT Examiners and the Board of OT Examiners as they license and regulate qualified practitioners of physical therapy and occupational therapy and register facilities in which those services are provided.

All foreign-trained applicants must make these minimum scores, except for the applicants who meet one of the three exceptions listed below. We will not accept a Visascreen Certificate as proof of passing the TOEFL tests. We do not accept other English proficiency tests.

- Internet-based (ibt): Writing 24; Speaking 26; Reading Comprehension 21; Listening Comprehension 18.

- Computer-based TOEFL tests (cbt): TOEFL (reading/comprehension) 237; TWE (writing/essay) 5.0; TSE (speaking) 50.

- Paper based TOEFL tests (pbt): TOEFL (reading/comprehension) 580; TWE (writing/essay) 5.0; TSE (speaking) 50.