Writing Task 2(suggestions are invited)

Submitted by SHARJEEL on Fri, 07/27/2018 - 14:40

Many museums charge admission fees while others are free.
Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages?

There are many museums which do not charge fees while there are other museums which take fees. This essay will argue that the disadvantages of charging fees outweigh the advantages. This essay will first demonstrate that charging no fees in the museum will enrich culture because it will attract more people and that the poor can also visit it, followed by a prime disadvantage of lack of maintenance money for museums, which is not valid.

One of the major advantages of not taking entrance fees in museums is that it will enrich the culture. More people are attracted towards the museum and they can learn many things about the past tradition of their country. The development of knowledge about the past culture will help to retain the culture of a place. For example, countries like China and India, do not charge museum fees. Due to this, they attracted many people to museums and preserve their culture. Free entry in museums also gives chance to the poor to visit it. The poor can also enjoy and admire the history of their country. For example, in India, where 25% of people are living below the poverty line, the poor can visit and appreciate the past of the country because there are no admission charges.

One possible drawback is that the museum will not generate enough money for its maintenance. However, this argument is not correct. The museum managers can find sponsors who will help in the maintenance of it and in return museums can do publicity of the organizations. For instance in Africa, there are big companies which give money to support museums and in return museums advertise their products.

In conclusion, charging no admission in the museum will attract more public who can learn the past culture that will help in retaining the culture of a society and poor can also visit museums outweigh the flawed argument of lack of maintenance money for the museum.