Countries are becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy the same products anywhere in the world. Is it a positive or negative development?

Submitted by Lhva1000 on Wed, 10/03/2018 - 12:51

In the recent years, with the remarkable development of global trade, an increasing number of customers tend to consume similar goods and services from different nations around the world. In my opinion, this trend comes along with some positive and negative effects which will be discussed below.

As far as i know, the fact that products consumptions can be done conveniently through phones or websites create intense competitions among companies all around the globe, which can possibly be a possitive effect to the economy. In particular, this issue forces companies to improve the quality and productivity of both their goods and services which benefits customers. As a result, people would purchase authentic and good quality commodity rather than fake ones. The rivalry between two food and beverages giants Coca cola and Pepsi, for example, helps people enjoy delicious drinks with reasonable prices.

However, there are several drawbacks of this issue that should be mentioned. It is my firm belief that the main negative impact is the disappearance of many valuable traditions and cultural diversity which are certainly crucial parts of a nation. For instance, fast food shops such as Mcdonald’s or KFC can be found anywhere on streets instead of traditional food restaurants which gradually change the love of citizens for national cuisine. Those countries may lose their identities, which can be the root of further consequences.

All things considered, there is no doubt that global trade has both positive and negative influences on countries, espescially developing ones.

content is short
do not use i in the body paragraphs
only use it in my opinions paragraphs.
always give example at the end of the paragraphs.
use more complex sentences to get high score.
good luck