GRE General Test: RC-841028 GRE Reading Comprehension

The increasing pressure on American businesses to pursue cost-cutting measures will eventually lead to an increase in the outsourcing of business processes to venues with lower overhead, such as India. However, this shift may not provide the dramatic gains for American business that might have been expected by an enterprise with an ethos for change that is oriented to preserving bottom-line profits. The difficulty is that a significant portion of American society remains uncomfortable with shifting business tasks overseas. Therefore, American businesses will predominantly opt for outsourcing opportunities for repetitive tasks that can easily be brought back to the United States if necessary. Nevertheless, opportunities for Indian firms to get a larger piece of the pie seem certain to arise. The growing emphasis on bringing down the cost of back-office operations is bound to offer increasing scope for Indian firms to become involved in novel types of ever more complex business processes.
  • Current Page 1
  • Page 2
  • Page 3
  • Complete