Get Ready to Rock the ACT With the Launch of TestRocker's ACT Test-Prep Platform

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 09/24/2013 - 10:01

Tue, Sep 24, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 29 mins.

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - September 24, 2013) - Students can now rock both the SAT and ACT with TestRocker's one-of-a-kind online learning platform, as the company announces the launch of its ACT specific test-preparation offering just in time for the upcoming October 26 ACT test. The innovative platform that offers a customizable 40-to-50 hour study plan, based on a diagnostic test to determine students' strengths and weaknesses, will now offer modules and videos directly aimed at the ACT's four mandatory testing subjects, including English, Science, Mathematics and Reading, along with the optional Writing component.

With the standardized testing landscape constantly changing, TestRocker's ACT platform comes at the perfect time. Growing in popularity throughout the past ten years, the ACT was taken by 50 percent of students or more in about 29 states in 2012, with nearly 1.7 million nationwide graduating seniors taking the exam. At this time, 100 percent of graduating seniors in Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Tennessee and Wyoming take the ACT. However, while more students are taking the ACT exam, the national average score is on the decline. Since 2007, the average ACT score has decreased and remained steady at an average score of 21.1, proving the increased demand for programs that address the core principles of this standardized exam.1

"Throughout the last few years, I have seen my students take both the SAT and ACT to determine which test works better for them," said Suniti Mathur. "With the ACT covering a wider range of topics, we were invested in making our product as comprehensive as possible, offering more than two thousand study questions accompanied with video explanations to truly provide students with realistic practice to help them prepare for the exam. Those students who have used our platform to study for the SAT have seen up to a 400-point increase in their score, and we're excited to now offer that same experience to those preparing for the ACT."

Similar to the modules aimed at SAT-prep, all content is based on educator and TestRocker's Ultimate Private Tutor, Suniti Mathurs' proven and successful teaching method. Throughout her 14-year career as a private tutor, Mathur has tutored more than 1,200 students and assisted students in raising their score by up to eight points on the ACT.

When asked about her experience using the program, Nicola L., a student who has prepared for the SAT with TestRocker's platform stated, "It is really good because it lends to my busy schedule and I can do it in my pockets of free time. It covers every topic in an efficient and organized manner." Read and watch additional testimonials to see what students and their parents have to say about the program.

Which Exam is Right for Me?

Students are now beginning to evaluate which exam will best showcase their strengths and make them a competitive candidate for their top choice colleges. Certain states lean toward one test or the other as a preference for their students to take, but students should consider what kind of test takers they are. The challenge with the SAT is that questions are not straightforward and there is an emphasis on vocabulary. While the language of ACT questions is more straightforward, the volume of questions is hard to complete in the allotted time. For more information on which test to prepare for, visit TestRocker's blog post: SAT vs. ACT Webinar: Which Test is Right for You?

Rock Out, Right Now

TestRocker's platform was created using insights from both students and parents to see what they are looking for in a test-preparation program. The platform is aimed at empowering students while also keeping parents informed of a students' progress throughout the program with periodic reports.

TestRocker's ACT package, priced at $699 for six months of unlimited use, includes:

In addition to providing ample and personalized study plans for students, parents and students can look to Suniti Mathur's TestRocker blog for a wide range of tips, including 10 Ways to Make the Most of your Relationship with your Guidance Counselor, How to Get Your Students to Apply for Scholarships, Suniti's Time Management Tips for High School Students and more.

To learn more about TestRocker, visit How TestRocker Works.

12012 ACT National and State Scores

About TestRocker

TestRocker is a comprehensive online SAT and ACT prep program that allows students to learn from Suniti Mathur, an expert SAT private tutor with more than 14 years of experience, wherever and whenever they want. Students follow a customized study plan and can track their progress as they work through the program. Each of the thousands of questions on TestRocker are accompanied by video explanations from Suniti.

TestRocker is the 'Ultimate Private Tutor' because it combines one of the best private tutors with the best technology has to offer leading to efficient learning. Today, students in 12 countries are studying on TestRocker's platform. You can visit TestRocker at www.testrocker.com.

TestRocker is a registered trademark of TestRocker, Inc. SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board. ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc. 

Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE, and NYSEAmex when available. See also delay times for other exchanges. Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the Yahoo! Finance partner page. Quotes are updated automatically, but will be turned off after 25 minutes of inactivity. Quotes are delayed at least 15 minutes. All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.

Fundamental company data provided by Capital IQ. Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI). International historical chart data and daily updates provided by Morningstar, Inc.

Yahoo! - ABC News Network