TestRocker Partners With ID.me to Bring Customized ACT and SAT Test-Prep to Military Families

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 15:40

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - November 07, 2013) - This Veteran's Day, TestRocker is proud to announce a partnership with ID.me to offer a $200 discount on TestRocker's ACT or SAT online learning programs for military families. Qualified service members, veterans, and their families can obtain the discount when they verify their military affiliation with ID.me's Troop ID technology, the first digital ID card for the military community.

To date, there are about 1.2 million school-aged children of service men and women in the United States, and the Secretary of Education has made it a priority to create affordable and accessible educational opportunities for these children and their families to address the unique challenges they face.1 The average child in a military family will move six to nine times during their school career causing discrepancies in achievement standards, course offerings, academic requirements and more. Programs that offer consistency and quality educational opportunities have become a priority for these families.2TestRocker will contribute to this ongoing initiative by offering students greater flexibility through its comprehensive, online platform.

"Military families move once every three years," said Blake Hall, co-founder and CEO of ID.me. "As a result, children of service members are particularly dependent on virtual learning programs for continuity in learning. TestRocker's world-class educational products fill a critical gap by solving the problem of college preparedness for military kids. We're proud to announce our partnership with TestRocker to help more military children gain admission to the college or university of their choice."

TestRocker's platform incorporates content based on the proven and successful teaching method of educator, Suniti Mathur, as well as insights provided by 600 students and parents on study preferences.3 Completely customized to each student, the program creates a unique study plan that includes thousands of study questions, all accompanied by easy-to-follow video explanations, practices quizzes, full-lengths tests, hand-graded essays, 24/7 customer support and more. Parents also receive bi-weekly progress reports so they can stay involved in their child's study process. Visit www.TestRocker.com and select "Learn More about the ACT" or "Learn More about the SAT" to see what each program includes.

"We're thankful for the men and women who serve, and as a company we're happy that we can give back to them and their families through this partnership with ID.me," said Sonali Mathur, CEO of TestRocker. "We know how important digital content can be for teenagers on the move, so we're confident that TestRocker's programs will be a valuable study tool for all service members both here and abroad. This is an exciting opportunity for us to help military children drastically increase their scores and achieve their college ambitions."

Starting Monday, November 11, military members and their families can visit www.TestRocker.com, select their desired program, and obtain their $200 discount during checkout by verifying their military affiliation using Troop ID powered by ID.me

To learn more about TestRocker, visit www.TestRocker.com and to learn more about ID.me, visit www.ID.me.

About TestRocker
TestRocker is a comprehensive online SAT and ACT prep program that allows students to learn from Suniti Mathur, an expert SAT and ACT private tutor with more than 14 years of experience, wherever and whenever they want. Students follow a customized study plan and can track their progress as they work through the program. Each of the thousands of questions on TestRocker are accompanied by video explanations from Suniti.

TestRocker is the 'Ultimate Private Tutor' because it combines one of the best private tutors with the best technology has to offer leading to efficient learning. Today, students in 12 countries are studying on TestRocker's platform. You can visit TestRocker at www.testrocker.com

About ID.me
Veteran-founded and led, ID.me is the first digital identity network that allows consumers to prove who they are online while controlling how their information is shared with brands. For participating organizations, ID.me acts as a trusted intermediary, capable of verifying consumer identity and group affiliations in real-time. This allows brands to ensure a consistent customer experience across offline and online channels while reducing costs and security risks associated with manual verification.

Sources:
1. Military Families and Veterans, U.S. Department of Education http://www.ed.gov/veterans-and-military-families
2. Military K-12 Partners, Department of Defense Education Activity http://www.militaryk12partners.dodea.edu/about.cfm
3. Independent study conducted by GMI Research.

TestRocker is a registered trademark of TestRocker, Inc. SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board. ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc. 

Article references
finance.yahoo.com