Want to know more about Consumer Reports' smart phone bendability test?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 10/02/2014 - 17:35

Millions of people have now seen the results of our recent smart phone stress test, and the online conversation about phone bendability has been dynamic and fascinating. For those who missed it, we brought six phones—the new Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, as well as the iPhone 5, HTC One (M8), LG G3, and Samsung Galaxy Note 3—into our labs and ran them through what's known as a "three-point flexural test," on our Instron compression test machine.  

For those of you wondering about the thinking behind our test, I sat down for an on-camera discussion with Consumer Reports' head of electronics testing, Maria Rerecich, and we talked about some of the questions and observations that have surfaced on social media and YouTube.

—Glenn Derene

Get more information on the new iPhones, iOS 8, and Apple Watch. You'll find reports on the iPhones' battery life, our early review, and much more.

Consumer Reports has no relationship with any advertisers or sponsors on this website. Copyright © 2006-2014 Consumers Union of U.S.

Article references
finance.yahoo.com