Manipal University brings to a platform to study engineering in abroad
Recent News Videos

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 06/27/2014 - 02:01

Manipal University has opened admissions to its International Engineering Twinning program also known as ICAS (International Centre for Applied Sciences).  

In this program, students study their 1st and 2nd year of Engineering in Manipal University (Manipal Campus) and the 3rdand 4th year in one of the 90 world renowned universities from where they would be receiving their Engineering or Equivalent degrees.

This unique program is designed for students aspiring to graduate in engineering disciplines from some of the best universities in the world. With the increase in student mobility to universities abroad, Manipal University introduced the ICAS program in 1994 with a view to encourage students to pursue professional education in reputed universities across USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany and France.

During the two years spent at Manipal University, students are trained to meet the eligibility requirements through an international curriculum and they have a cultural understanding of the destination country, thus, providing them with the required foundation for the following two years. On completion of the first two years, students are transferred abroad to universities of their choice, through a smooth credit transfer system where they complete the 3rd and 4th year of Engineering. Upon graduation, students are awarded an engineering degree from the foreign university and are provided with placement opportunities to ensure a smooth start to their career. In France and Germany, the program offered is an integrated bachelors and masters program where a student would be awarded a bachelors degree in Manipal and Masters degree from any one of the countries.

University of Massachusetts, Ohio State University, University of Minnesota twin cities, Purdue University, University of Illinois Urbana Champagne, Illinois Institute of Technology are some of the premier universities where students of ICAS have graduated from, in the past. Some of the prominent partner universities include University of Illinois Urbana Champagne, Drexel University, The State University of New York Buffalo, UTS Sydney, City University, London, Lancaster University, Edinburgh Napier University and Queen’s University, Kingston among others. 

The course curriculum, methodology & evaluation is based on the US University structure/pattern and is compatible with most of the US, Australian and European universities. The course also provides tremendous opportunities to avail internships in USA, UK and Australia. Universities also offer scholarships to ICAS students depending upon their performance and merit. Students can also finish the program in less than 4 years depending on the number of subjects they choose in each semester. 

Students who have passed 10+2 CBSE, ICSE, ‘A’ Levels, IB, HSC, OSSD, American High School Diploma or equivalent examination with minimum of 60% aggregate or ‘C’ grade in English, Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry or Biology or Computer Science or Biotechnology or Electronics as optional subjects in the 12th standard or from Non-English medium of instruction with a score of above 90 in the TOEFL exam are eligible to apply. Engineering, Drawing or Biology as optional subjects for admission to B.Arch. Students seeking admission to Architecture at ICAS need to have minimum of 80 out of 200 in NATA exam. Diploma holders (after 10th) are not eligible for the program.

The ICAS students are at par with the regular students at the foreign universities and equal opportunities are provided in terms of placements and internships for all. On completion of the course, ICAS students have been employed by some of the world’s largest multinational companies like BMW, SAP, Microsoft, Volvo, Nokia, Shell and Southwest Airlines in the past with the average annual salary packages ranging from $55,000 to $85,000. 

ICAS, with its unique advantages, is the ideal platform for Indian students to obtain international degree with tremendous opportunities to develop their career abroad.