More MBA Applicants Are Choosing the GRE® revised General Test

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 04/29/2014 - 11:01

PRINCETON, N.J. , April 29, 2014 /CNW/ - During the 2012-13 testing year, more MBA applicants than ever before chose the GRE® revised General Test to meet admission requirements. Nearly 10 percent of individuals who took one of the two leading business school admission tests and indicated MBA as their intended degree objective, opted for the GRE revised General Test.*

A further analysis of GRE test-taker trends during the current testing year from July 1, 2013 , through January 31, 2014 , shows even more growth. In this time period, the number of GRE test takers indicating MBA as their intended degree rose dramatically, by 38 percent, compared to the same time period last year.

"The GRE Program offers many great benefits to test takers including the ScoreSelect® option and a test-taker friendly design, and it's these great benefits that are driving more and more MBA applicants to choose the GRE revised General Test," says David Payne , Vice President of Global Education at ETS. "We have heard from schools that they are seeing anywhere from 10 percent to 30 percent of their MBA applicants presenting GRE scores, and we expect this number to continue to grow."

Test-taker feedback indicates the most popular GRE features include the new ScoreSelect option, which lets those who choose to repeat the test send schools only their best set of scores. In addition, test takers like the ability to preview or skip questions and go back and change answers within a section, giving them the flexibility to use more of their own personal test-taking strategies.

"Our focus on providing test takers the tools they need to feel confident on test day helps them do their best, whether they plan to apply to graduate school or to any of the more than 1,100 business schools that now accept GRE scores for admission into their MBA programs," says Dawn Piacentino , Director of Communication and Services for the GRE Program at ETS. Currently more than 80 percent of the 2015 U.S. News & World Report Top 100 business schools in the United States and eight of the top 10 institutions on the Financial Times 2014 Global MBA Ranking accept GRE scores for admission into their MBA programs.

For more information about the GRErevised General Test, visit www.ets.org/gre.

* The total population of individuals taking one of the two leading admission tests during the 2012-13 testing year and indicating an MBA as their intended degree objective was calculated by combining GMAT unique test-taker volume, estimated by deducting GMAT 20 percent annual repeater rate, and GRE unique test-taker volume.

About ETS
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and postsecondary education, and by conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® tests and The Praxis Series® assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org.

Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO

SOURCE Educational Testing Service

Article references
finance.yahoo.com