New Program Provides Free GED Practice Tests

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 09/11/2014 - 16:03

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today GED Testing Service announced that from September 22 through October 3, students who visit a local adult education center can take GED practice tests for free through the See For Free program. The program is intended to encourage more adult learners into local adult education centers that provide GED preparation classes for free, or at a very low cost. The practice test helps learners see if they are ready for the real GED test, and it gives them a free personalized study plan based on their results.

View photo

.

GED Testing Service.

GED Testing Service research data show that the practice test is more than 95% predictive of how someone will score on the GED test. Teachers and students can use the GED Ready as a real-time indicator of a student's readiness. The detailed score report lists specific skills and knowledge the student needs to master to pass the GED test. The information helps educators customize what they need to teach a student and helps students focus on the specific content they need help with, which decreases the amount of study time and cuts down on guesswork.

"We're proud to debut the See For Free program during National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week, as nearly 1 in 5 Americans lack a high school diploma," said Randy Trask, President of GED Testing Service. "It is critically important that we give encouragement and information to our friends, neighbors and family members who didn't graduate high school about taking the first big step to a better life—to walk into their local adult education center or visit the GED.com website. This program is one more incentive for them to take that first step."

Students who want to See For Free and take their free GED Ready practice test from September 22 through October 3 should contact their local adult education center. To find a local adult education center, visit www.gedtestingservice.com/prep.

GED Testing Service's See For Free promotion is held in conjunction with National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week hosted by the National Coalition for Literacy. NAEFL Week helps drive awareness of the importance of educational resources for adults in the United States. See For Free encourages adult learners to visit their local adult education centers to take the GED Ready practice test for free and learn more about classes, tutoring, and other resources the center offers to help them meet their educational and career goals.

About GED Testing Service:
The GED test has opened doors to better jobs and college programs for more than 19 million graduates since 1942. Last year nearly 800,000 adults sat for the GED test, which is accepted by virtually all U.S. colleges and employers. As the creator of the one official GED test, GED Testing Service has a responsibility to ensure that the program continues to be a reliable and valuable pathway to a better life for the millions of adults without a high school diploma.

Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120322/PH74825LOGO

SOURCE GED Testing Service

Article references
news.yahoo.com