Richard D. Roberts, Ph.D., Joins Professional Examination Service as Vice President and Chief Scientist

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 05/14/2014 - 12:01

New York, NY (PRWEB) May 14, 2014

Professional Examination Service, the most experienced organization in professional licensure and certification services, today announced that Richard D. Roberts, Ph.D., is joining the organization as its new Vice President and Chief Scientist. Roberts, one of the world’s leading authorities in the field of non-cognitive assessment, will lead ProExam’s new Center for Innovative Assessments.

“Rich brings a wealth of knowledge to ProExam as we explore new ways to accurately measure what are sometimes called ‘soft skills’ as part of the professional licensure and certification process,” said Robert S. Block, President and CEO, Professional Examination Service. “We look forward to the innovations that will come from him and his team at the Center for Innovative Assessments.”

For 12 years, Roberts was a Managing Principal Research Scientist in the Center for Academic and Workforce Readiness and Success at the Educational Testing Service (ETS), Princeton, New Jersey. A former National Research Council Fellow who conducted research at Brooks Air Force Base, Texas, he was also a Senior Lecturer at The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, from 1998 to 2003.

Roberts said, “Working with the experienced team at ProExam is a great opportunity to put my depth of research in the exciting field of assessment and human individual differences to practical application.”

Roberts’ has conducted research on cognitive and non-cognitive assessment, emotional intelligence, cognitive biases, cross cultural competence, personality, health and well-being, motivation, aging, and human chronotype (morningness-eveningness). He is widely published in his field with numerous books and more than 150 peer-review articles or book chapters on these topics and nearly 400 presentations around the world. He has also received significant grants and contracts (from corporations, foundations, the military and governments, totaling in excess of 10 million dollars), as well as several professional honors, including two ETS Presidential Awards and two PROSE awards from the Association of American Publishers.

About Professional Examination Service

Professional Examination Service (ProExam) is the most experienced organization in professional credentialing, providing comprehensive services and technology to programs across a broad range of professions. Since 1941, ProExam has supported professional licensure and certification, training and continuing professional education with its full, flexible range of assessment and advisory services. ProExam is a not-for-profit organization with uniquely tailored services, a dedication to personal attention and insight into emerging credentialing trends. Learn more at http://www.ProExam.org.