TOEFL® Program Shares Latest News at Upcoming Student Fairs in Canada - Canada NewsWire (press release)

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 09/19/2013 - 10:00

TOEFL Participates in Events in Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal

PRINCETON, N.J., Sept. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - As students across Canada embark on a new school year and begin to explore higher education opportunities, representatives from the TOEFL® Program will participate in a number of upcoming student fairs hosted by Recruit in Canada® and the National Education Fair.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO)

Test takers will be given the chance to learn about the latest information regarding the TOEFL test, the most widely accepted academic English-language assessment used for undergraduate and graduate admissions worldwide.

"The upcoming student fairs provide a convenient forum for test takers to ask any questions that they may have pertaining to the TOEFL test," commented Pamela Treves, Director of the TOEFL Brand. "The TOEFL Program has released new study prep tools this year which we believe test takers will find beneficial to their study preparations. We look forward to sharing those new resources and the latest information regarding the TOEFL test at the upcoming student events."

The Recruit in Canada events will take place:

• September 21 in Toronto at the Toronto Convention Centre
  • September 22 in Ottawa at the Ottawa Convention Centre
  • September 24 in Halifax at Kenneth C. Rowe Heritage Hall
  • September 26 in Vancouver at the Vancouver Convention Centre
  • September 28 in Calgary at the BMO Centre at Stampede Park

The National Education Fair will take place:

• October 16, 17, 18 in Montreal at the Place Bonaventure Montreal

For more information about the TOEFL test, including free sample test questions and study resources, visit the TOEFL Go Anywhere website at www.TOEFLGoAnywhere.org.

About the TOEFL Test
The TOEFL iBT test, the most widely accepted academic English-language assessment, is recognized by more than 9,000 institutions in more than 130 countries. The TOEFL iBT test measures an individual's ability to use and understand English at the university level. The assessment evaluates how well an individual combines the listening, reading, speaking and writing skills needed to perform academic tasks.

About ETS
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, as well as conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® tests and The Praxis Series™ assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org

CONTACT: David Waterman, (609) 252-8576, mediacontacts@ets.org

SOURCE Educational Testing Service

For further information:

http://www.ets.org/toefl

Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO

Article references
www.newswire.ca