Updates to the GRE® Program Allow More Frequent Testing for Prospective Graduate and Business School Applicants

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 12:00

PRINCETON, N.J., May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Starting July 1, 2013, new updates being made to the GRE® Program will allow individuals to retake the GRE® revised General Test as frequently as once every 21 days, and up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO)

"The GRE Program continues to find ways to make testing more readily available for individuals around the world to help them succeed," says Dawn Piacentino, Director of Communications and Services for the GRE Program. "If, for example, someone didn't feel they did their best on test day, the 21-day policy now allows them to retake the test quickly and still meet application deadlines."

The GRE tests are the only admissions tests for graduate and business school applicants that let test takers decide which scores in their test history to send to the schools they designate. Individuals who choose to retake the test have the option to show only the scores they choose using the
ScoreSelect(SM)
option introduced in July 2012.

As application deadlines approach, seats will fill up quickly, so test takers should register as soon as they decide to take the GRE revised General Test.

Register now for the GRE revised General Test at www.ets.org/gre/register.

About ETS
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, as well as conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® tests and The Praxis Series™ assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide.
www.ets.org

SOURCE Educational Testing Service

How often does a nine-year-old get to scold one of the most powerful CEOs in the world? Not often enough.

George W. Bush in 2001 declared war on a tactic (terrorism), and empowered Big Brother to tap phones, launch drones, and indefinitely imprison people without due process.

MILLVALE, Pa. (AP) — Two parents face charges after authorities say motorists spied a 10-year-old girl riding in a dog cage in the back of a pickup truck in western Pennsylvania.

You probably have at least some knowledge about the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s scrutiny of the ostensibly raunchy lyrics of “Louie Louie,” the Richard Berry-penned rock song popularized in 1963 by an otherwise obscure band called The Kingsmen.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Susan Powell had been married about a year when she started writing a journal. She was a love-struck, 20-year-old newlywed, dreaming of the future she would build with her husband.

RIDGEFIELD, Conn. (AP) — The founder and president of a Connecticut military museum was shot and killed at his home by police after he pointed a handgun at officers, state police said Sunday.

Well, be thankful you weren't flying from Anchorage, Alaska to Portland, Oregon Monday morning. Passengers on Alaska Airlines Flight No. 132 had to restrain a very large man who tried to open the emergency exit door while the plane was the plane was descending. 

EDGEWATER, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say eight people have been hospitalized after an explosion and fire on a boat in the South River near Edgewater, Maryland.

Article references
news.yahoo.com