137 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

137) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

High school is a turning point for students to pursue their interesting area to study and also to build foundation for career in future. There are both merits and demerits for the above statement. Some people think it is student's responsibility to chose which subject he/she wants to study. However, in my opinion, i disagree to this statement.

First of all, some high school students are matured enough to select their own interesting subject and master it to build a dream career. But whereas, some students are immature to decide what they want to do and which subject is more interesting to them. In many cases, if students are given an option to decide on their studies, there are more chance of selecting easy subject to avoid studying difficult one. For instance, if a student finds mathematics a difficult subject and given a choice to select any other subject which he is interested in like music or dance, then definitely he will avoid mathematics. And he will select music or dance to gain credits to get good grades at the end.

In addition, not all high schools can accommodate whatever students asks he/she wants to study. Many schools have financial budget restrictions and space limitation, the school can not offer all interesting subject which students want. For instance, if a student wants to learn pop music but school can not afford to set up a pop music class because of limited funds and also space.

Furthermore, students are not experienced to decide on their future interests. There may be so many hidden talents which a student has not yet discovered. Education department are well trained and have lot of experience to design suitable subjects to their students. For instance, if a student doesn't like chemistry but after taking few classes he/she may start developing interest towards chemistry.

In short, it is too early to leave students to decide to select their interesting areas. Students should learn diversified subjects to discover their hidden interest and talent. Schools financial limitations are also very important to take in consideration. Education department are most experienced people to decide on behalf of students about courses.