Do you agree or disagree with the statement that your job has more effect on your happiness than your social life does.

No one can obtain happiness without his job. At the mention of happiness, I don't necessarily mean the Pollyanna, silly-smile-on-your-face kind. What I mean is a deep sense of contentment, the value of your existence. As I see it, such happiness comes from our job which matters much more than your social life.

When it comes to job, the first words I ought to mention is the sense of accomplishment. There are a great many people who have already had the material prerequisite, such as spacious houses, decent income and luxury cars. But still, their hearts are not filled with delight. I may say there's nothing wrong with these people themselves. Actually, it is resulted from the fact that they are lack of accomplishment from their job. Happiness is easy to get if you find the job you love and dedicated to it. The men who have passion in gardening devote all their time to the rough soil, and when the harvest time comes, they are able to reap the fruits of their labor. Also, women who have an instinctive love for children can get this kind of accomplishment by bringing up their children To these women, raising up the children is their jobs which offer them considerable happiness.

What's more, job helps you find your value. I always regard job as something you contribute to the society. No matter what kind of job it is, it condenses all your sweat and makes all of it worthwhile. People, working in factories, take pride in the car they produce or the air conditioner they assemble. As you can imagine, how proud they would be when they see the consumers driving the car they produce in the street.

By comparison, social life seems to give you a variety of civilized comfort. However, only under a condition that you are able to earn your livelihood and afford your social life, could this comfort comes true. If not, nothing could be even worse. How can someone without job receive respect from his friends, let alone happiness?

To draw a conclusion, there is no doubt that jobs have more effect on your happiness. It brings you the sense of accomplishment and finds your value.