If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer?

If I had the chance to change one thing in my home town, I definitely tried to modify the sanitation system.

Humans, the most intelligent creatures on the Earth, can be truly named as "The garbage makers". In a 24-hour period people make waste materials which sometimes equate in weight to the body mass of a fully-grown adult. In highly-populated regions such as cities managing such huge amount of waste material is a considerable problem; however usually is not sensed by citizens because of the ever-busy sanitation system. Utilizing the taxes payed regularly by citizens, municipality has th...

Sentence: Utilizing the taxes pied regularly by citizens, municipality has the responsibility of gathering and eliminating the waste.
Error: pied Suggestion: No alternate word

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/toefl