Integrated writing

Integrated writing

There is an argument about advantages and disadvantages of putting children in age concerned groups. According to the passage the main purpose of an age-oriented categorization can be reducing the competitive attitude and confliction between age peer children and encouraging cooperative behaviors.

It is proposed that dividing children in same age groups helps to have a more homogenous population of kids who are similar in mental and physical development. In this case they may not try to bullying or tease each other. However, the lecturer refutes this claim by underlining a research on 11-year-old boys who were randomly divided into two groups. Although they were the same age peers, they started to have negative attitude toward each other and teasing their peers of the other group. For example each group nicknamed its opponent and started to mock the rival group.

The boys were subjected to do some sports competitions on a prize. In contrary to the passage, they didn't starts to have a positive experience even though they were the same age. However, the passage suggested that competitions between peer age classes are healthy and bolster the cooperation between children. The lecturer indicated that even structured competitions need to be supervised by an adult, otherwise will lead to bitter conflictions.

The lecturer explained that when the two groups were joint to gather and was assigned to do a cooperative task, they soon forgot the conflictions and didn't teas each other anymore. Instead, they tried to work with each other in a peaceful positive way.

In conclusion, it seems that the proposed claim in passage is undermined by the experiment the lecturer explained about. Dividing children in peer age group will not necessarily result in reducing confliction and negative attitudes or increasing the cooperation or friendship.

Sentence: According to the passage the main purpose of an age-oriented categorization can be reducing the competitive attitude and confliction between age peer children and encouraging cooperative behaviors.
Error: confliction Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The lecturer indicated that even structured competitions need to be supervised by an adult, otherwise will lead to bitter conflictions.
Error: conflictions Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The lecturer explained that when the two groups were joint to gather and was assigned to do a cooperative task, they soon forgot the conflictions and didn't teas each other anymore.

Sentence: Dividing children in peer age group will not necessarily result in reducing confliction and negative attitudes or increasing the cooperation or friendship.