Integrated WritingPrivate collectors have been selling and buying fossils, the petrified remains of ancient organisms, ever since the eighteenth century. In recent years, however, the sale of fossils, particularly of dinosaurs and other large vertebrates,

In terms of whether selling and buying fossils to private collectors is an unfortunate development for both scientists and the general public, the listening and reading are contradictory to each other.

First, the writer makes the point that the public suffers because they are not allowed to view fossils which are sold to private collectors. Therefore, it would lead to a decline in public interest in fossils. However, the professor says a different idea that museums and universities can buy low level fossils from commercial fossil hunting and expose them to the public.

Second, unlike what we read in the reading passage that scientists lose some of the most important fossils and discoveries about extinct life forms, the professor demonstrates that to put a value on fossils in order to sell them to private collectors, fossils are given to scientist for scientific identification. They perform tests on the fossils and are the first ones who the fossils pass through the hands of them.

Finally, the writer states that commercial fossil collectors often destroy the position of oviraptor in the ground and other things in the surroundings, which are important about animal life in the past. In contrast, the professor refutes that and states that it is better to find fossils with some damages than to leave them undiscovered.

the professor says a different idea
the professor tells a different idea

Sentence: They perform tests on the fossils and are the first ones who the fossils pass through the hands of them.
Description: The tag a WH-pronoun, nominative is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to who and the

Sentence: In contrast, the professor refutes that and states that it is better to find fossils with some damages than to leave them undiscovered.
Description: The fragment them undiscovered . is rare
Description: The token that is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to that and and

Sentence: Finally, the writer states that commercial fossil collectors often destroy the position of oviraptor in the ground and other things in the surroundings, which are important about animal life in the past.
Error: oviraptor Suggestion: ?